crystal river 12-17. summer /winter

bonnie and i headed out to a nice sunny and warm day ......i mention because thats how it started .... it was the last of the out going tide and we stopped at short point for a few to wait for the tide to turn.....

action was slow but bonnie hooked a nice 19 inch trout....
12-17-11-3.jpg

next we wanted to work some bars, we were in the key west so approaching was a little tricky with a lot of getting in the water and pushing..

we were catching many small trout and monster lady fish. i had a good fighter i thought it was a big lady .....to my surprise it was a pompano.

12-17-11-4.jpg

we ended up with 3 or 4 more keeper trout ,it was around 4 pm and the front was pushing in,along with eiry fog and big waves and cold.

12-17-11-2.jpg

im thinking the water is still warm enough for some good fish on the spoil banks......bait of the day live skrimps....

Replies

• doolittle3701doolittle3701 Posts: 158 Officer
    SK: what are skrimps? I ask because the s key and the k key are not close. Nice fish though.Ok, the s key and the h key are closer. Bonnie presents her catch in a much more elegant pose. SK, you look like the fish is wrestling with you, and is winning.
    shuterkng wrote: »
    bonnie and i headed out to a nice sunny and warm day ......i mention because thats how it started .... it was the last of the out going tide and we stopped at short point for a few to wait for the tide to turn.....

action was slow but bonnie hooked a nice 19 inch trout....
    12-17-11-3.jpg

next we wanted to work some bars, we were in the key west so approaching was a little tricky with a lot of getting in the water and pushing..

we were catching many small trout and monster lady fish. i had a good fighter i thought it was a big lady .....to my surprise it was a pompano.

12-17-11-4.jpg

we ended up with 3 or 4 more keeper trout ,it was around 4 pm and the front was pushing in,along with eiry fog and big waves and cold.

12-17-11-2.jpg

im thinking the water is still warm enough for some good fish on the spoil banks......bait of the day live skrimps....
  • shuterkngshuterkng Posts: 850 Officer
    my pic was kinda like hurry and take the dam pic, the fish are biting and skrimps are realy the same a shrimp , shimps , simps and any thing that looks close
  • Fishin RodFishin Rod Posts: 2,620 Officer
    Way to catch em up with the skrimps Mike.
    "Be what you is"....... Isaiah Minter
  • ocalaocala Posts: 127 Deckhand
    Hey you got a few out there. Way to go. A little more then me. I was east of you by the plant.
  • angler18angler18 Posts: 2,035 Officer
    some good eats there SK, congrats!
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Posts: 1,689 Captain
    shuterkng wrote: »
    my pic was kinda like hurry and take the dam pic, the fish are biting and skrimps are realy the same a shrimp , shimps , simps and any thing that looks close

Back in the late 50's & early 60's my Granpappy lived on Ft. Meyers Bch. and used to take us fishing in his boat out to Sanabel & Captiva before the causeway was built. He told us way back then that we were usin "Skrimps" for bait and complained when they went from $.10 to $.15 a dozen!! My Brothers and I have been calling the Skrimps ever since!! Oh nice fish Bonnie & Mike!!! This winter is such a change from the last two!!!!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,509 Captain
    Way to get some nice fishies....:thumbsup
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Officer
    Nice trout and Pompano folks! This nice weaqther is too good to be true but it will asnd did cometo an end.
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber
  • ripnlipsripnlips Posts: 2,535 Captain
    Nice job on the pomps and the trout. The pomps should be thick along the north side of the spoil banks this time of year. Its cool to see them skip in the boat wake.
  • dowawoodowawoo Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    Way to to SK, nice to see you getting out!!
  • capt louiecapt louie Posts: 9,042 Moderator
    One of the good " you"ll get your weather" days .
    "You'll get your weather"
  • keypondkeypond Posts: 2,017 Officer
    Great job in getting in some fishing before front. That's cool with the pompano. I've only caught one of those around our area and I was suprised to see him.
    Chris

Reel Time w/Florida Sportsman Guest Host
    Sight Fishing AJ's, Say What
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCSPHOHuw-M&list=UU7OK0PWEO7jknYHsykHcjaA&index=1&feature=plcp
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    There ya go again, Bonnie holding up the bigger fish:USA

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file