Good night luers? and mullet question?

fishingkid315fishingkid315 Posts: 1,927 Officer
Hey guys i just moved and i have a canal behind my house and it has some snook and maybe reds im wandering what a good luer for night time is that they can see! i know a low in the dark DOA might be good or maybe a topwater? also can you catch mullet using con or bread or something crazy?:huh

• johnDjohnD Posts: 6,366 Admiral
    bucktails with a decent flare, a lot of guys tie there own.

i have caught mullet with a cane pole and red wigglers.chum them up with hog pellets from your local farm/feed supply.if your gonna net them you need a good quality net.
  • YaksquatchYaksquatch Posts: 499 Officer
    Don't know about mullet. But for snook, reds, specks, etc. at night. Topwater in the full moon is good. Also, try a small bone white sub-surface or shallow diving plug. Make sure it has rattles in it. Any dock lights around? If so, try a small white soft plastic tail on a 1/16oz jig head.

Good luck,
  • YaksquatchYaksquatch Posts: 499 Officer
    Also you can't go wrong with putting a live pinfish or pigfish out under a cork. Should be able to catch a few right off the dock with a sabiki baited with little pieces of squid or even gulp.

• the flats guythe flats guy Posts: 310 Deckhand
    you can never go wrong with some pigfish, shrimp, mullet, etc. I really like the glow in the dark DOA shrimp though. You should have plenty of luck with this canal.
  • Shep87Shep87 Posts: 68 Deckhand
    Rootbeer cotee chubby grub

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file