Tampa area Redfish

SonarChiefSonarChief Point LomaPosts: 3 Greenhorn
edited July 3 in General Fishing #1
ill be coming to Tampa this Mid Sep-Oct from San Diego for a little vacation before I go on a deployment overseas. 
Where do y’all recommend to go for Redfish, without a boat? I guess I could get a kayak; any tips would be appreciated. 
Also what do you recommend for bait?  

Replies

• Oldsmar GuyOldsmar Guy Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    Where in the Tampa area will you be? Just trying to get some info since you are limited to only wade fishing.
  • SonarChiefSonarChief Point LomaPosts: 3 Greenhorn
    Ive been to Emerson Point before and Skyway bridge. But I’m open to travel to any good recommended locations
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,280 Admiral
    Ft. Desoto, on the left as you drive in or at the end of the east beach road.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • SonarChiefSonarChief Point LomaPosts: 3 Greenhorn
    Thanks for help on location. What do you use for bait? I’ve seen on other posts DOA with popping cork, and spoons seem to be the bait
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,168 Admiral
    Don't use cut ladyfish, they (and everything else that swims) hate em ;)  
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file