Dog Problem

13»

Replies

• AC ManAC Man Posts: 3,746 Captain

And fact is.... Some dogs will not get along... No matter what you do..... Pyro and Merlin don't get along... They never will and will never be trusted to get along... Both get along with other dogs.
    That's very interesting coming from you. With your experience I thought it was just a training issue from no clue owners like me. We dont have dogs anymore, but we had a cat, then another one. Wife keeps them separated because the older cat goes into death mode when confronting the other cat. PITA
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,284 Admiral
    jhedg said:
    Fish Haid said:
    And what would be the correct way to keep one dog from killing the other?  Yelling had no effect.  Just let them fight it out?  I learned years ago what happens when you try to do sperate them by hand.
    I always used a hose direct shot to the face/w some water, ya dont do the separate by hand thing, had a hole bit through my hand when I was younger trying that

AC Man said:

And fact is.... Some dogs will not get along... No matter what you do..... Pyro and Merlin don't get along... They never will and will never be trusted to get along... Both get along with other dogs.
    That's very interesting coming from you. With your experience I thought it was just a training issue from no clue owners like me. We dont have dogs anymore, but we had a cat, then another one. Wife keeps them separated because the older cat goes into death mode when confronting the other cat. PITA
    Seems I talked to your son about his dog issues some via the phone a few years back... I have been sick off and on so much the last 5 years it all runs together. Ocala area?

With dogs it can be and usually is... a combination of things.... Temperament, dynamic, training, etc.

With Merlin and Pyro.... I CAN walk them on leash together. I can even take them out in the yard together... But add our Labrador Bit ch or my wife... or anyone else to the mix... They are going to fight.
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 2,777 Captain
    I just got them with a shovel If dogs are fighting or being aggressive   have you tried that?
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 3,746 Captain
    jhedg said:
    Fish Haid said:
    And what would be the correct way to keep one dog from killing the other?  Yelling had no effect.  Just let them fight it out?  I learned years ago what happens when you try to do sperate them by hand.
    I always used a hose direct shot to the face/w some water, ya dont do the separate by hand thing, had a hole bit through my hand when I was younger trying that

AC Man said:

Seems I talked to your son about his dog issues some via the phone a few years back... I have been sick off and on so much the last 5 years it all runs together. Ocala area?

With dogs it can be and usually is... a combination of things.... Temperament, dynamic, training, etc.

With Merlin and Pyro.... I CAN walk them on leash together. I can even take them out in the yard together... But add our Labrador Bit ch or my wife... or anyone else to the mix... They are going to fight.
    Yes Johnny. That's him. Still have to be separated. What a pain in the ****. 
13»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file