6/27/18 big hits, slow bite

Had a 3/4 day trip on weds... headed out and found a ton of bonita and spanish working the top in the 60-80 ft range.  Dropped a spoon way back and picked up a few spanish and a bonita before continuing out to the deeper stuff.  First stop was in 110 ft. Amazing shows on the screen, very little water movement if any at all... picked up one decent porgy off the bottom before making the call to run out deeper. Ran to 125 ft, same show of beautiful fish, nothing wanting to bite.  Had 1 good rip on a live pin that got the better of my angler.  Picked up a BIG triggerfish, but had to be let go as its out of season. Managed a 5-6 lb almaco jack on a pinfish... Made the call to make another run a tad bit deeper.  Stopped in 135... Same story.  Fish marking 30 ft up the column, Screen looks like a christmas tree. Dropped down a mix of baits... Had one get eaten by a 4 ft reef shark, released boat side. Other 3-4 big solid hits got the better of my anglers and broke them off. Got a decent 17" Lane on a live threadie. 

Bite today was slow... I think its a combo of the full moon as well as the lack of tide.  IT was BLAZING hot today with not even a wisp of wind... It was nice moving from spot to spot as it felt like air conditioning... 
Not the best bite, but still a fun day on the water. Looking forward to some more ARS fishing this weekend.

www.SaltyFishingCharters.com 33 Ft World Cat Tournament Edition Catamaran
Offshore Fishing Charters FT Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Cape Coral

Replies

• larrywittlarrywitt Posts: 2,510 Moderator
    edited July 1 #2
    So So many factors and I thought I was the only one  with that problem. LOL  It is a bummer when the screen is lit up and they have lockjaw. 
    larrywitt
  • tilemantileman Posts: 1,067 Officer
    Yea we've seen that a few times eh larry
    Here's ta swimn' with bowllegged women!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file