6/13 Jupiter

CudaJuiceCudaJuice Hobe SoundPosts: 21 Greenhorn
Got a late start finally cleared the inlet at 11am.  Lots of scattered weed from the inlet to about 450’. Trolled through it but had to keep clearing the lines. Picked up one dolphin. Decided to run offshore. Ran out to 1400’ looking for that untouched weed line but didn’t find it lol. Pretty clean water from 500’-1400’.  We decided to run back inshore to bottom fish. On the way back we found a flouting bamboo root ball. Loaded with triggers and those jacks that I still don’t know what there actual name is.  Look like a small amberjack sorta.  Had a few decent tripletail and a couple dolphin on it.  We picked up 3 decent tripletail and a couple dolphin. Came back in and bottom fished the 120’ ledge and got sharked twice. So we decided to move in shallower.  Got to about 80’ in line with Lost Tree ish. Picked up a few yellow tail and to my surprise 2 keeper red grouper!!  What a great day after getting chased off the ocean last Friday in that storm.

Replies

• CudaJuiceCudaJuice Hobe SoundPosts: 21 Greenhorn
  • Crazy FingersCrazy Fingers Posts: 68 Greenhorn
    That’s a pretty darn good day!
  • tijeretatijereta Posts: 198 Deckhand
    Those are probably almaco jacks in the sargassum.
  • xeniaxenia Posts: 168 Deckhand
    Those tripletail are the best fish of that set!
  • Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,369 Captain
    Nice job!

Pura Vida!
    I gave some of the fish away except the tripletail 👍.  That’s dinner tonight.  
  • MakoLogicMakoLogic Posts: 593 Officer
    nice Mixed bag of groceries!  Lucky to get anything past those little jacks.  If they are the little olive green ones, they are like pirhana's when they get riled up!
    Fisherman, outdoors enthusiast, and software geek (not necessarily in that order, depending on the day)
    www.makologic.com
    patrick@makologic.com

Formerly TxToFl...
  • brianbbrianb Posts: 2,259 Captain
    I could not be more mad and jealous. 
    Yes the little olive guys, with the black stripe past the eye.  They were pirahanas, had to throw cut bait to get them away from the triples. 
  • K-DawgK-Dawg Posts: 144 Deckhand
    Good eats
  • GarysmoGarysmo Posts: 295 Deckhand
    Nice variety....congrats
  • bmoodybmoody Posts: 893 Officer
    Great box of fish

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file