Stressor'd out 06/12/2018 red snapper

capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,294 Moderator
Got to go back out on Doc Stressors boat with seven weight and his buddy Bill from Virginia who is down for a visit to catch the elusive red snapper.. ;)
We met Butchbal and his crew consisting of his wife Barb and the Ruff's, Tom and Gail. Also another boat that was to buddy out with us. Seas were doable on the ride out and got better for the ride in. Pretty decent weather overall. 

First stop wasn't too good with only grunt so made a move North in 58' to one of Doc's numbers and landed on top of them.

Kept the first legal and they got bigger as we easily filled our limit. We caught some really nice size while looking for AJ's and grouper but sent them back. I did hook what felt like a grouper but must have been an amberjack but it got sharked big time . Took the whole thing ! Doc also pulled up a grouper head on the same spot so we headed in.

First Snapper in the boat by sevenweight..

One of the larger that was released that Bill got.

I clipped his head.. Sorry.

Table shot.

Was a fun day. Thanks Doc for the ride !!  
"You'll get your weather"

Replies

• Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,143 Captain
    Yeah, it was a lot better than Monday for sure.  Too bad we couldn't find any keeper gags. 

It's always an education when you fish with Louie. I got to learn about grove peppers and why you should always carry baking soda when fishing around shrimp boats.  B)
  • Rick1-2Rick1-2 HorseshoePosts: 818 Officer
    nice catch guys
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 1,818 Captain
    Your going to have to bring a " math major" on that boat ! Nice seeing all you guys again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lbudlbud Posts: 1,010 Officer
    Bahamians call them Bird Peppers, I always carried a 12 pack of the cheapest beer I could find when fishing the Shrimpers off Canaveral.. Made many trades for fresh shrimp..Why Baking Soda?
    Live while You're breathing! It's Your only chance.....:grin
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,143 Captain
    Fish with Louie some time and maybe he'll tell you the story. And a lot of other ones.  B)

• SevenweightSevenweight Posts: 39 Greenhorn
    Thanks Lee for the outing ... always a pleasure and I always learn something from you and Louie. Had a great time. I took Bill for some Florida largemouth at Lake Henderson the next day and managed to put him on four or five bass and a good sized bowfin. Thursday we did Chaz inshore and couldn’t find any reds or trout but I managed to put Bill on some Jacks and ladyfish. He’s heading back to VA today.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file