Captiva Red Snapper help

I am a firm believer in finding fish on my own, but I have been defeated this week and could use a little help. I have burnt nearly 200 gallons of fuel over the last couple of days searching for Red Snapper out of Redfish Pass and have completely struck out. I have no numbers and have been checking marks from 90 to 130 feet. I have 3 days left in my vacation before heading home to Homosassa and I am throwing up the white flag and asking if anyone can direct me to an area that would be worth searching. I have been searching roughly 20 miles northwest of the Mohawk with no luck.  Any suggestions or intell would be greatly appreciated. 

Replies

• Capt Dan MedinaCapt Dan Medina Posts: 600 Officer
    big k, you are actually still a tad bit too shallow to find the masses. Try pushing out further, as in 145-165 ft of water.  go slow.... look for fish up in the water column. Try presenting lots of different baits, dead squid is high on the priority list right now.... try running almost due west or very slightly nw and you can find them.  your sounder is your best friend out there... I repeat, go SLOW in those depths and you can find some.. it may take time, but patience and go slow....
    www.SaltyFishingCharters.com 33 Ft World Cat Tournament Edition Catamaran
    Offshore Fishing Charters FT Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Cape Coral
  • tilemantileman Posts: 1,066 Officer
    Due west from where Capt.  Punta, red fish , boca ?
    Here's ta swimn' with bowllegged women!
  • Big KBig K Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the advise Captain Dan. I am heading out in the morning and will try the 150ft. to 165ft. depths. I will report back. Thanks again and good fishing. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file