Lake worth Inlet (PBI) 6/9

justintimejustintime Posts: 16 Greenhorn
celebrated a birthday on the Good Times fishing charter out of New Port Cove Marina. 
Fished north of the inlet. Started out around the princess Anne wreck. Lots of current, water wasn’t too dirty but a little green. We got lots of action on the bottom fishing dead sardines. The fish caught on to us and shut off so we Switched to some ledges around 75’ farther north. Less current and a slower bite but Capt Rip kept us on fish the whole time. Ended up with about 2 dozen snapper, a couple King mack, and a whole assortment of reef fish. 

Replies

• Pursuit2470wpbPursuit2470wpb Posts: 59 Greenhorn
    Nice haul right there. Congrats!
  • Conchy CritterConchy Critter Posts: 996 Officer
    Nice Haul but dang you need some Ice on those fish.  :#
  • justintimejustintime Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    I here ya about the ice.. but even without it fish was amazing tasting. The GF fried up the barracuda Sunday (i have never kept on or tried it but ended up taking it home) barracuda is fantastic tasting.! It was equal to any snapper or grouper I’ve ever eaten. White, delicate and zero fishy taste. Now I understand why the locals in the Bahamas trade lobster for it...tonight’s dinner is the mutton snapper over Caesar salad. 
  • qotsaautopilotqotsaautopilot Posts: 49 Greenhorn
    So they toss the fish in the box w no ice?
  • justintimejustintime Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    No, ice was in bags on the other half of the cooler!. I moved it over to take a pic.. why do you guys need to question everything? I’m just here to post what’s biting. The fish was cold and tasted great when I cooked it. Any more questions call my lawyer..
  • MakoLogicMakoLogic Posts: 593 Officer
    wait, I think we need to revisit the ice issue. lol!  Nice haul... just stirring the pot.  Is that the Food Yacht guy from Jupiter in the last pic?  Good food on the food yacht....
    Fisherman, outdoors enthusiast, and software geek (not necessarily in that order, depending on the day)
    www.makologic.com
    patrick@makologic.com

Formerly TxToFl...
  • joekat46joekat46 North PortPosts: 1,857 Captain
    edited June 12 #8
    Nice fish and report.  If you haven't noticed this entire forum is full of know it alls.  It will be it's ultimate downfall. Spend any time in Off Topic and you'll get the dry heaves.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file