BBI 6/8 Slammer

trolled for kings in the AM with no luck. Picked up a Bonita though so strips are always nice. Ran out to 850 and found huge slick with giant patches. Came across a 10 foot log filled with bait and trolled past twice with no luck decided to go back one more time and picked up Big Bull. Kept trolling north and was around north palm beach when the weather moved in. Only had the time to pickup one more schoolie but the dolphin were everywhere. If the weather hadn’t moved in we probably could have filled the dang boat. Big fish ate Bonita strip with a BELLA BAIT lure in front. Check out those lures. Awesome quality and all homemade from a buddy down here.

Replies

• CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Posts: 238 Deckhand
    edited June 9 #2
    I like the last pic...father and son! :)

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell

• Dustin BoyntonDustin Boynton Boynton beachPosts: 322 Deckhand
    Great job!
  • MGDMGD Posts: 962 Officer
    That's a slammer for sure but before u claim a weight
    get a scale
  • johnalkijohnalki Posts: 491 Deckhand
    Great catch and finding the fish 
  • Edgewater265Edgewater265 Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    Awesome Mahi(s).  Kinda cool or strange to recognize my hand in pic holding the two Mahi.  I'm not at all ashamed to claim the smaller fish.  Anyway, this post is the guy you met at the cleaning table in the yellow Edgewater.  lol
  • MakoLogicMakoLogic Posts: 593 Officer
    daaaang nice one!
    Fisherman, outdoors enthusiast, and software geek (not necessarily in that order, depending on the day)
    www.makologic.com
    patrick@makologic.com

Formerly TxToFl...
  • GarysmoGarysmo Posts: 295 Deckhand
    Great fish...congrats.   Did you get the weight on it?
  • anchor managementanchor management Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    Garysmo said:
    Great fish...congrats.   Did you get the weight on it?
    We had a hand scale on the boat that said 37 but we’re not too sure how accurate that was. Was surprised to find out marina did not have a scale when we got in. 
  • anchor managementanchor management Posts: 10 Greenhorn

Awesome Mahi(s).  Kinda cool or strange to recognize my hand in pic holding the two Mahi.  I'm not at all ashamed to claim the smaller fish.  Anyway, this post is the guy you met at the cleaning table in the yellow Edgewater.  lol
    Lol. It was too cool of a pic not to post it. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file