Some ask for it and we all get it.

Replies

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 9,872 Admiral
    edited June 9 #32
    So I guess that means nobody is advocating for transgender boys to be allowed to compete against girls, and the irony of "Moscow Meuller" is nothing but the triggered ramblings of a confused conservative grasping at straws of hypocrisy.

Enjoy your weekend as well....Mike
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 3,586 Captain
    Talk about triggered ramblings of the confused.........this is a perfect example.

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway. nj
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 2,686 Captain
    Indoctrinated females were suckered into fighting for trans rights and all inclusion of said trans. They made a huge steamy pile of poo. Now they're diving into it . Just wait until trans dudes fight and win the right to compete in the Olympics or a female world record drops. Oh it's going to be a fun ride
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 4,381 Captain
    edited June 9 #35
    So, women's sports is discriminating against men?

I don't follow you, Balla.

Frankly, your cries against "political correctness" sound to me like justification for discrimination, but perhaps something is lost in the translation.
    To influence the public opinion with the ideological mantra that transgenders are women at any effect they put transgenders in women’s races, in women’s restrooms and so on.
    The only practical result is the women’s discrimination. Genuine women can’t hope to win a race, they must share their most intimate spaces with persons who are not women. 

Transgenders are not men and are not women, are transgenders.
    It’s a cultural gender that can’t fit into natural genders. They have all the rights to be what they are, but not the right to be what they aren’t and get advanteges on this.
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English

My YouTube Channel

I'm typing with my "pasta hole" closed :grin !
    Being politically correct is a self-inflicted slavery.
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 3,586 Captain
    For the same reason we separate genders in competition.....we should separate transgendered from these two classes.
    How do you think those tickets will sell and can you imagine the audiences?
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway. nj
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 3,783 Captain
    So here’s a question.  So now can all athletes use synthetic hormones or blockers since transgenders can?  Not making an argument for or against here but it raises some other questions in my mind. 
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 23,689 AG
    Mister-Jr said:
    You have no idea if they all trained for years.  Some girls (and boys) are more athletically gifted than others. 

I would like to know more about the story than a short video. 
    I did a google search on the person who won. It is a simple process when you want to know more than the short video. 

Terry Miller actually competed on the boys team last year and switched to girls team this year. That one struck me a little odd. That was all i could dig up. I did wonder why he switched genders from last year to this. 

Back to the subject. 

No it is not fair to the other girls, but if you make them compete as they were born, it won't be fir to the girls in some sports either, since as I pointed out a  person born as a girl but transgendered to a boy won the girls wrestling competition since then they forced her to compete as a girl even though she wanted to compete on the boys team. 

i don't know the answer to the problem, either way they rule on how the transgender competes, it isn't going to be fair. It isn't fair to not allow them to compete, You can't have a transgender competition. 

Everyone is upset about it, it isn't fair, but no one has mentioned any reasonable solution tot he problem. 

Mini Mart Magnate

There's simply not enough transgendered people to compete at any level. It'ss miniscule demographic

The boy couldn't compete with boys, so he says he's a girl so he can win. Pretty simple to me. 

Women at a high level routinely get tested for testosterone in competition. This could get messy
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump
    edited June 9 #40
    He definitely runs gay :-). Looks like he has a purse in his elbow
    There's simply not enough transgendered people to compete at any level. It'ss miniscule demographic

The boy couldn't compete with boys, so he says he's a girl so he can win. Pretty simple to me. 

Women at a high level routinely get tested for testosterone in competition. This could get messy
    I wondered if they could compete in the Olympics ans apparently that is currently being debated. the solution may be requiring transgendered women to use testosterone blockers to make it more fair. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2018/01/11/these-transgender-cyclists-have-olympian-disagreement-how-define-fairness/995434001/

Jillian Bearden and Rachel McKinnon have much in common as cyclists, Olympic hopefuls and transgender women — and much in conflict as opposite poles of an intractable argument over how to balance what’s fair with what’s right.

Bearden agrees with the International Olympic Committee that naturally occurring testosterone gives transgender women an unfair advantage in competition against cisgender women, meaning women who were born female, while McKinnon believes subjecting trans women to testosterone blocking violates their human rights.

Mini Mart Magnate

• conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 3,441 Captain
    In all fairness, I wonder if they actually polled transgender male to females, I wonder how many would honestly answer that this is a fair competition. I doubt many of them would.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 26,422 AG
    cadman said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    You have no idea if they all trained for years.  Some girls (and boys) are more athletically gifted than others. 

I did a google search on the person who won. It is a simple process when you want to know more than the short video. 

It's a brave, new,  world.  
    Vote for the other candidate
    edited June 10 #44

I remember whem women and African Americans got to vote! 

• dave44dave44 Posts: 6,776 Admiral
    Mister-Jr said:

You’re much older than you let on.
    dave44 said:
    Mister-Jr said:

I've never tried to hide it. 
    edited June 10 #47
    cadman said:
    Mister-Jr said:

Terry Miller actually competed on the boys team last year and switched to girls team this year. That one struck me a little odd. That was all i could dig up. I did wonder why he switched genders from last year to this. 

Back to the subject. 

No it is not fair to the other girls, but if you make them compete as they were born, it won't be fir to the girls in some sports either, since as I pointed out a  person born as a girl but transgendered to a boy won the girls wrestling competition since then they forced her to compete as a girl even though she wanted to compete on the boys team. 

i don't know the answer to the problem, either way they rule on how the transgender competes, it isn't going to be fair. It isn't fair to not allow them to compete, You can't have a transgender competition. 

Everyone is upset about it, it isn't fair, but no one has mentioned any reasonable solution tot he problem. 

Why not transgender competitions ?
    It’s the only reasonable solution to save the sport values, protect honest athletes and stop the opportunistic transgenderism trend.

My YouTube Channel

• Gary SGary S Posts: 673 Officer
    All the true girls, not the want to be girls should just sit down on the line. The gun goes off and the **** boy runs, why exert all that energy to make him happy. Just because he thinks he is a girl don't make him one.
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 6,776 Admiral
    edited June 10 #49
    Mister-Jr said:
    dave44 said:
    Mister-Jr said:

I've never tried to hide it. 
    Black Americans in 1870 and women in 1920. You, sir, belong in the guiness record book.
       But maybe that’s most of the problem, dinosaurs don’t realize times have changed yet.
    edited June 10 #50

Why not transgender competitions ?
    It’s the only reasonable solution to save the sport values, protect honest athletes and stop the opportunistic transgenderism trend.
    Well, first you would need two more classes of athletes, second i doubt there is enough to make a competition. I doubt there is more than a few dozen nationwide competing at a level that would matter.

Why not just make them take testosterone blockers to even the field. If the genuinely wish to identify as a woman, then blocking the testosterone and increasing estrogen would be their desire any way.

It would also remove the unfair advantage, 

The the issue would be transgendered males. Taking additional testosterone might not be desirable since it would be performance enhancing. 

Would still be a tricky decision.

The real issue is those who may use it as an unfair advantage and not really be transgendered. I wonder about the Miller person since they competed on the male team just the year before. 

Mini Mart Magnate

edited June 10 #51
    Not enough dwarfs to arrange dwarfs judo competition, so no judo championship for dwarfs.
    Wrong or right ? 
    Neither wrong nor right, just something to accept. 
    Or better allow dwarfs to compete in kids’ judo championship according to their weight and/or height ?

And don’t forget that being a dwarf isn’t a choice but transgenderism is a free choice.
    And freedom has never been toll-free.

The real issue is that nowadays any tantrum becomes a right.

My YouTube Channel

• mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 6,032 Admiral
    The answer is easy, but apparently in a PC world you can't say it.

They should be barred from winning period.  They can compete all they want, just not win.  

It's not fair to the people who haven't changed their sex.  Why does everyone have to bend into a pretzel for the person who chose to change their sex?  The advantages they get in competition are so obvious it doesn't need to be mentioned.  

Let me remind people that life is not fair.  If you choose to change your sex while wanting to compete in athletics, hold off like Bruce Jenner.  Otherwise there are consequences and life is not fair.

Captain Todd Approves

Not enough dwarfs to arrange dwarfs judo competition, so no judo championship for dwarfs.
    Wrong or right ? 
    Or better allow dwarfs to compete in kids’ judo championship according to their weight and/or height ?

And don’t forget that being a dwarf isn’t a choice but transgenderism is a free choice.

Is there a dwarf judo competition. There is not a MMA division. If they wish to fight, they fight with other adults. At last in your example it takes two. In track there could be only one competitor and he would be thew winner by default. There are also 5 times as many dwarfs as transgendered. 

Not a good argument. 

Mini Mart Magnate

edited June 10 #54
    mplspug said:
    The answer is easy, but apparently in a PC world you can't say it.

They should be barred from winning period.  They can compete all they want, just not win.  

It's not fair to the people who haven't changed their sex.  Why does everyone have to bend into a pretzel for the person who chose to change their sex?  The advantages they get in competition are so obvious it doesn't need to be mentioned.  

Let me remind people that life is not fair.  If you choose to change your sex while wanting to compete in athletics, hold off like Bruce Jenner.  Otherwise there are consequences and life is not fair.
    That is one solution. I hate to say it, but unless they prove there is no unfair advantage, I would have to agree with you. 

I don't see a problem with a transgender male competing in men's wrestling or similar. Likely get their butt kicked, but so be it. 

They banned an amputee from using blade runners in the Olympics due to unfair advantage. 

Mini Mart Magnate

• mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 6,032 Admiral
    True, but they are still using hormones and whatnot.  I still think even if they would be at a disadvantage, it shouldn't be allowed, only because it would be inconsistent.  And if lawyers got involved, this would be a case they would make.  

Captain Todd Approves

edited June 10 #56
    cadman said:
    Wrong or right ? 

Is there a dwarf judo competition. There is not a MMA division. If they wish to fight, they fight with other adults. At last in your example it takes two. In track there could be only one competitor and he would be thew winner by default. There are also 5 times as many dwarfs as transgendered. 

Not a good argument. 
    Just an example.
    Like a transgender can look like a woman but he isn’t a woman the same would be a dwarf that can look like a kid but he isn’t a kid.
    And allowing dwarfs competing against kids would be like than allowing transgenders competing against women.
    But fortunately dwarfs are not so selfish and unfortunately (for them) they aren’t useful for some political agendas.

My YouTube Channel

• fins4mefins4me Posts: 13,994 AG
    edited June 10 #57
    It is a mad, mad, mad, mad world

Progressives using the club of political correctness will be this nation's and perhaps the world's downfall.

Males are born males and regardless of how they butcher themselves, poison their body with unnatural hormones and hormone levels, how they dress or how ridiculous they act they will always be male. They may be useless males but they are certainly male.

The same can be said for females simply swap out the names.

There are a minute few individuals who have sexual physical birth defects but according to science most are still either males or female.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Posts: 1,997 Captain
    dave44 said:
    cadman said:
    Finfinder said:
    cadman said:
    What is so sad? 

What am i missing?
    The person that won was a dude.  
    Ooohh!

That last time it was a girl who became a guy and they made her compete on the girls wresting team since she was born a girl and she beat everyone. Everyone got pissed about that. 

Now they go the other way and everyone is pissed. 

No matter which way they go people will be pissed

Is that a problem?
      I think 1st and 2nd place were both dudes. Is it surprising they beat girls in a girls competition? Reality actually says most dudes are stronger and faster than most chicks. 
      The best way to even the field is do away with all girls sports. All.
    We agree... Think this is BS, no way someone with a Mans body should be able to compete against a GIRLS body. I don't care if He/She thinks she is a girl or not.
    I watched a bunch of the Docs. on this stuff. I get it, about MAYBE being born in the wrong body, Nature has a way of making mistakes. No problem, fix yourself, but don't take advantage of others, society, and games to benefit YOUR own outcome in life. Especially if it is going to hurt others. 
    Although that is todays world, look at for yourself...
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,479 Admiral
    Mister-Jr said:
    Well there you go Balla....your not mature enough to understand what happened here.
    Mister-Jr. is suggesting you grow-up....

Those girls trained hard and most likely for years to get to that level. A lot of hard work and sacrifice just to have the odds stacked against them at the pinnacle.
    That's how I understand it.
    What you do you think they learned about life?
    And the winners? What did they learn?

The track meet was The New England Championship.  The dude beat the best from every high school in 5 states.  I guess they are going to erase the record books from every woman athlete before them.  
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 9,872 Admiral
    edited June 10 #60
    So, women's sports is discriminating against men?

I don't follow you, Balla.

Frankly, your cries against "political correctness" sound to me like justification for discrimination, but perhaps something is lost in the translation.
    To influence the public opinion with the ideological mantra that transgenders are women at any effect they put transgenders in women’s races, in women’s restrooms and so on.
    The only practical result is the women’s discrimination. Genuine women can’t hope to win a race, they must share their most intimate spaces with persons who are not women. 

Transgenders are not men and are not women, are transgenders.
    It’s a cultural gender that can’t fit into natural genders. They have all the rights to be what they are, but not the right to be what they aren’t and get advanteges on this.
    I'm not sure who is suggesting transgenders are "women at any effect", and I'll also point out that using the bathroom (something everyone MUST do) is a very different issue from competing in a high school sporting event (a competition that is subject to rules). 

Those points made, I do agree with you, as I suspect every person in this thread does, that they have the right to be and should not get any advantages because of it.  I'll even bet transgenders would agree!  They just want to be treated fairly, no different from any of us I suspect.

Moving past the larger societal questions, and coming back to the issue at hand:  Fundamentally, the race in that video is was unfair to the girls.  My sense is that the most "fair" answer is to have transgenders either compete against themselves, or against the boys/men.  Furthermore, if they take drugs that are against the rules of competition (for instance, hormones that are performance enhancing), they should not be allowed to compete.   

That seems the most fair to me.  What do you (all) think?

Enjoy your Sunday....Mike

• HeatwaveHeatwave Posts: 1,997 Captain
    Finfinder said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    Well there you go Balla....your not mature enough to understand what happened here.
    Mister-Jr. is suggesting you grow-up....

Those girls trained hard and most likely for years to get to that level. A lot of hard work and sacrifice just to have the odds stacked against them at the pinnacle.
    That's how I understand it.
    What you do you think they learned about life?
    And the winners? What did they learn?

The track meet was The New England Championship.  The dude beat the best from every high school in 5 states.  I guess they are going to erase the record books from every woman athlete before them.  
    It is Total BS... Imagine explaining to a college that WAS going to give you a scholarship if you were state champion... You actually wouldn't know if you can or cannot explain the situation. The person reading your transcript or explanation may or may not like it...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file