Antlers?

TheDude727TheDude727 Posts: 85 Greenhorn
This is the first ever pic from my first ever trail cam.  I am unbelievably stoked to have caught a glimpse of these two.  At first I didn't think it was even possible for there to be antlers on either of these because it was just too early but after doing a little reading I've learned that it's possible for antlers to start showing as early as March.  The more I look at this the more I think those are antlers showing.  Am I just wishful thinking here?

Replies

• spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 421 Deckhand
    edited June 6 #2
    Hmm.. kinda hard to tell to be honest.  On one side only?  It does look a little like the 'antler' may be behind that deer's head.  Would be an amazing coincidence that everything fell into place like that.

Of course, you should be able to see if that 'antler' is still there in other pics...

Are you set to capture single frames?  I would set it to 3/5 pic bursts if you have that option. 

Have fun!  I love checking my cams as much as anything.  I literally get a little adrenaline boost as I put the memory card into the computer :D
  • bowhunter4lifebowhunter4life Posts: 942 Officer
    Deer should be hard horned in the south region any day now.
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 7,463 Admiral
    Saw one last Sat
  • Walker DogWalker Dog Posts: 1,620 Captain
    Deer should be hard horned in the south region any day now.
    Some areas, yes. Other parts of the zone,  they still have some growing left to do.
  • awayaway Posts: 234 Deckhand
    Need to know what zone this pic was taken from
  • RockslamRockslam Posts: 63 Greenhorn
    In central Florida, brevard county, have a few on camera in velvet. 1 6-pt at the moment that might grow to more and a 8-pt that might still go a couple more also.
  • 23Grady23Grady Posts: 31 Greenhorn
    In Hamilton County saw a good size 8 in velvet yesterday.
  • bswivbswiv Posts: 6,869 Admiral
    Up here in Putnam we're getting a lot of new antler pictures. Got 2 of them, 2-2 1/2 year old, that were tiny spikes last year now showing splits. One is much bigger than the other body wise but so far antlers look the same.

Louann is convinced they are brothers as she has them corned up in front of the cabin, where they have been showing up together sense last September.

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,083 Admiral
    5 inches or so..Big Bend region..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 7,463 Admiral
    BTW, nothing new for the past 100Yrs or more
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,083 Admiral
    I'm guessing 10 Thousand Yrs or so...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • dilligaf84dilligaf84 Posts: 875 Officer

Decent growth here in NE FL
  • ChonggChongg Posts: 314 Deckhand
    **** dude, you got yourself a buck farm!
  • Walker DogWalker Dog Posts: 1,620 Captain
    Free choice protein feeding tends to give you pictures like that. It's not cheap but it is effective.
  • WhitetailWhitetail Posts: 121 Deckhand
    These guys are in the feed pen night and day. There is a group of 8 that are hanging out everyday. Nice to see the big guy I was chasing last year made it, and he's putting on the pounds! Just west of Melbourne.
  • hobbscw79hobbscw79 Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    Kind of hard to see but this guy should be a good one this year. Shot his 10 point pappy and his 8 point daddy last season, so I think this may be a let him walk, kill a bunch of doe year. East of St. Cloud.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file