How many kids 15 or under will be at the Bash?

micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,109 AG

You can IM me if you want.

Thanks.

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes

Replies

• loydDloydD GeorgiaPosts: 92 Greenhorn
    We are not bringing Aiden.  He didn't do his chores.  
    Lovely Loyd
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,109 AG
    I like it! Don't do what you are supposed to and suffer the consequence. You don't see that much anymore. Good Grandpa.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • loydDloydD GeorgiaPosts: 92 Greenhorn
    Chuck will have 1
    Lovely Loyd
  • dewyafishdewyafish Posts: 4,941 Captain
    loydD said:
    We are not bringing Aiden.  He didn't do his chores.  

Parenting as it should be!!
    There's nothing more enjoyable than suprise morning sex...
    Unless you happen to be in jail at the time.
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 1,073 Moderator
    ^^^^^^^
    "That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)
  • omegafooomegafoo Posts: 3,109 Captain
    micci_man said:
    I like it! Don't do what you are supposed to and suffer the consequence. You don't see that much anymore. Good Grandpa.
    You should ask Mason what happens when you get a smart mouth and act ugly during turkey season. He wasn't happy with missing the next morning's results of a 20 minute hunt ;) I sort of felt bad pulling the trigger but then again it was a hard lesson learned for him. 7/8" beard (yes, you read that right) and 1 3/8" spurs.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 7,981 Admiral
    omegafoo said:
    micci_man said:
    You should ask Mason what happens when you get a smart mouth and act ugly during turkey season. He wasn't happy with missing the next morning's results of a 20 minute hunt ;) I sort of felt bad pulling the trigger but then again it was a hard lesson learned for him. 7/8" beard (yes, you read that right) and 1 3/8" spurs.
    I get onto the wife for saying there will be consequences then backing out on them, in my experience with my own kids and in life in general, sometimes you gotta shoot a hostage..

But you usually only have to do it once!    The next time you threaten something, people tend to toe the line knowing you aren't bluffing. 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 2,619 Captain
    sometimes you gotta shoot a hostage..

But you usually only have to do it once!   
    Exactly.  Follow through - don't threaten to do it.  Do it.  My boys learned this once when they started grab@$$ing in the van once on a family vacation before we got out of the driveway good.  I quickly became my father - "Don't make me pull this van over."  They did.  That time.  If I ever started to say those words again, the back seats got quiet quickly.  LOL
    Proverbs 13:3
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 7,981 Admiral
    sometimes you gotta shoot a hostage..

But you usually only have to do it once!   
    Exactly.  Follow through - don't threaten to do it.  Do it.  My boys learned this once when they started grab@$$ing in the van once on a family vacation before we got out of the driveway good.  I quickly became my father - "Don't make me pull this van over."  They did.  That time.  If I ever started to say those words again, the back seats got quiet quickly.  LOL
    It works as an employer too.  I had a server and a hostess arguing in my restaurant on the floor in front of guests, are you effing kidding me???  Fired both on the spot.  None of this She said this, yea but she did this crap.  You're both gone.    End of discussion.    
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,240 Captain
    edited June 7 #11
    A youngin is like a young dog (I know that sounds bad). The first time you don't punish for not doing as told, you are back at the starting point. No matter how far you were along in the training.
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • CranfieldCranfield Posts: 1,291 Officer
    Slough said:
    A youngin is like a young dog (I know that sounds bad). The first time you don't punish for not doing as told, you are back at the starting point. No matter how far you were along in the training.

In a debate I once said, "generally children are like dogs, there are no bad dogs, just bad owners".
    One woman went berserk accusing me of calling children "dogs".
    There is none so blind as those that will not see.

• bbbbbb Posts: 957 Officer
    I was not sure what our schedule would be and did not reserve a room in time.  We will be fishing out of Carrabelle in the morning so we will probably drop by and say hi, buy some raffle tickets and head back to Ga before it gets too late.  I’ll have 2 under 15 yrs old with me.    
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,109 AG
    You owe me $200 for the room BTW :wink: . Those boys had a blast and I'm glad.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file