Fly fishing in key biscayne or south beach

jcintra91jcintra91 miamiPosts: 3 Greenhorn
Hey everyone new to the site! 
Planning on going with my friend to either key biscayne or south beach to do some fly fishing from the beach. Anyone have any advice on what area to go and what flys to use. Going from around 7am till about mid day and ill be using a 9wt 9 foot rod. Any tips are welcomed. will be targeting mostly snook.

Replies

• tarponhuntertarponhunter Posts: 289 Deckhand
    Any white flies or flys that mimic small white boat will do the trick. Blind casting parallel to the shore in the mornings before you can see can be affective.
  • jcintra91jcintra91 miamiPosts: 3 Greenhorn
    Any white flies or flys that mimic small white boat will do the trick. Blind casting parallel to the shore in the mornings before you can see can be affective.
    Thanks man got to give it a try.  Any beach specifically or either or?
  • tarponhuntertarponhunter Posts: 289 Deckhand
    I don't fish down that far so I couldn't tell you which would be better. Generally prefer beaches that aren't too busy tho
  • sa1280sa1280 Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    Try anywhere there are rocks, like the jetty at south beach or better yet, the small rock "piles" along the south side of Virginia Key. Small white fly would be the ticket...
  • jcintra91jcintra91 miamiPosts: 3 Greenhorn
    sa1280 said:
    Try anywhere there are rocks, like the jetty at south beach or better yet, the small rock "piles" along the south side of Virginia Key. Small white fly would be the ticket...
    Thanks man got to give it a try when the weather clears up and im not working.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file