CR Fads Tijereta

out of the blueout of the blue Posts: 84 Greenhorn

Late post here,  issues  after Hurricanes   Irma and Maria  anyways here we  go

August  13th 2017 we take off We  will be fishing  only  teasers  and  pitch  bait  method  on  30  lbs  tackle with  circle  hooks

At  6:15  am  we  deploy  the  teasers  there  is  usually  a  very  good  bite  ( if  you  are  on the  right  FAD) early in  am  and  late  in  pm .  Its  6:23  am  we  got  our  first  fish  on the  spread,  pitched  a  ballyhoo  and  a  bite  later  our  first  release ,  high  fives  every one ..monkey  off  our back, etc.. It's  now  845am  and  we  have  seen  7  Blue  Marlin  ( 1  didn't  take bait) and  have  6  releases.   Well then  15  minutes  no  bite  and  we  start  to  think  will  be grinding  for  bite  rest  of  the  day same  as  last  year  till the  late  pm  bite....  little  did  we  know....

At  926  am  my  son  releases  fish  # 7  and  the  bite  became wide open . By  1  PM  we  had now  released  19 blue  marlin  and  a  stripe  marlin we  have  had  5  doubles  in  a  row  which  we  had  success  in  3,  one  of the  doubles  other  fish  didn't  eat  and I broke  a  fish  off  on  another double on  a line  that wrapped  on  the  tip  as the  fish  was  charging  the  boat and broke  couple feet shy  of double  line knot :( Then  the  bite  " dies  off" . We  get  3  more blues  by  430 pm   My  son  fight's  a  nice  blue at  445 pm  for  15  minutes   and  within   few  feet   of  the  boat  the leader  breaks , he then proceeds  to  catch  a  sailfish  now has  a  Pacific  Grand  Slam.  We  then    miss 3  fish  !!!!  543 pm  we  now  have another blue  release we  are  at  23 blues  1  sail  1  stripe. We  need  two more  blues !!  well  we  managed  to  miss  another blue, at  605  pm  hook  our  last blue  and  released  him  at  620  pm ,  We  didn't  break  the  single day blue marlin release  record  for  his  boat in  a  day in  the  Fads  aboard  the  Tijereta  .  Per  his  score  we  had  47  fish  in the  spread , 13  window  shopping  ,   34  bites ,  missed  5 ,broke  3  off   seas  were  glass , released  24  Blues,  1 Stripe, 1 sail  

Day  2 wake  up to mean  white  caps , weather  picked  up while  we  were  sleeping ,  we  were  11 miles  of the  spot,  started  the  day  with  a  double header,  by  7 15  am  we have  3  blues  releases  1 sail , no  breakfast  yet  and  my son  is  still  sleeping!!!    time to   woke  him up: he then  proceeds  to  catch blue  after  blue  by  11 am  he has  6  releases  and we  are now 9 blues  1  sail and have  seen  over  13  fish    then  we  forgot  how  to  fish!!!   .today we  had  22  fish  in  the  spread ,  9  didn't  take a bait...11 blues  1  sail  today missed 1 

Day  3,    6 :10  am  we got a  triple  on  the  spread  we  have  2  hooked  and the  1st  mate  is   calling  for  my  son  to  wake up  so  he can  hopefully hook  the   3rd  fish !!  and  after no  answer  he  takes the  bait  away  from  a  fish ...   we  release ,  got  him  out of  bed ..time  to  fish !!!   we  are  having a great morning  bite  we  are  pitching   dead bonita baits .  its  9  am  we  have  7  blues and 2  stripes  released  .. another  record  is in  sight for  the  most  releases  in  any length  of  time  trip  he has  had   in  the  Fads  ( 55  on  a 5  night  4  day fish  trip)  ..  we  proceed  to  release   more  fish  including  a  sail  for  me  to give  me  my  firsts  ever  Pacific  Grand Slam  and  then  by  noon  time the bite really  dies  off  we  only  had  1  sail  released  around  2:50  pm  for my  son  gave  him  his   second Pacific  Grand Slam  this  trip. He  went to  release  another  blue  at  420 pm . Trip total  46  blues  released,  3  striped marlin  and  4  sails  .  Raised +/- 90  fish ,  64  bites  ,  53  releases,  3  broken  off  fish,  2  pulled  hooks  and   6  sancochos...  

got some  cool  vids  just   cant  figure out  how  to  post them

Replies

• BullMarketBullMarket Posts: 178 Deckhand
    Wow.  Very good hook up ratio too.  
    Palm Beach Pure Skin Care and Cosmetics PalmBeachPure.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file