BEST WISHES TO KARL WICKSTROM

N. CookN. Cook Posts: 1,934 Captain
KARL IS RETIRING SOON.....HE HAS BEEN A POSITIVE INFLUENCE ON ALL THE OUTDOOR SPORTS IN FLORIDA FOR DECADES AND LEAVES A LEGACY OF ALL THE THINGS YOU SEE ON THIS WEB SITE AND THE PUBLICATIONS.

THANK YOU KARL....AND I AM SURE YOU WILL BE BUSY HELPING MAKE FLORIDA A BETTER PLACE TO FISH AND HUNT!

Replies

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,083 Admiral
    YEs , Thanks Karl for all you've done !!
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 3,857 Captain
    Hail to Karl!! Thanks again Karl. :)
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 7,463 Admiral
    It sure was fun growing up waiting on the new FS to arrive. The net ban fight was the biggest accomplishment Karl can hang his hat on. I know it helped in many ways, and may have hurt some in many ways but to see first hand the comeback of certain species of fish due to it can not be argued. Unfortunately one day we will have too many because for some reason we can not find proper management balance with anything in florida. I personally wish he brought back killing Jewfish :) as well ..Best of luck
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 7,981 Admiral
    I remember reading articles in FS back in the 80s, always railing against those big nets.   I wonder who will carry the torch now. 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 7,981 Admiral
    I remember reading articles in FS back in the 80s, always railing against those big nets.   I wonder who will carry the torch now. 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file