Gator tags

gottheitch22gottheitch22 Posts: 4,101 Captain
how many times have you checked the status lol 
living life as i like

Replies

• spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 421 Deckhand
    edited May 30 #2
    Haha, yup.  I've been resisting asking, WHEN do they post the results!  Figured it'd be quick..
  • hoggatorhoggator Posts: 313 Deckhand
    5 times. I think that increases my odds. 🤠
  • boneheadhuntingboneheadhunting Posts: 139 Deckhand

Some results are out. I pulled tags for STA3/4

• ibhuntngibhuntng Posts: 36 Greenhorn
    edited May 31 #5
    I got drawn for blue Cypress WMA!!!
  • Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 1,451 Officer
    I got my second choice, which is better than nothing and only 5 minutes from home. First choice would have been my back yard. 
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 421 Deckhand
    edited May 30 #7
    Guess I'll be drawing again sat :(   I'm doubting these get turned back in though..
  • gatortrout19gatortrout19 Posts: 239 Deckhand
    Nothing gets turned back in, they were all paid for when the applicant was successful
  • 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 765 Officer
    3 for 3
    2 first choice, 1 second choice.
    Life is good
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • bgeorgebgeorge Plant City FLPosts: 1,326 Officer
    No tags in my name. Guess I get to spend all my time dealing with the egg collections being done on our public waters. Sure did not help me limiting me to 12 choices when I was willing to hunt many more. That and my local spot was reduced from 114 permits to 32. 
    The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. Hopefully the next man is not dropping his stones on the mountain you are trying to move.
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 7,463 Admiral
    BOHICA
  • H20dadH20dad Posts: 746 Officer
    These help me threads are a riot. 

Too many permits in my group not sure what to do with them all. Gonna be interesting. 
  • bswivbswiv Posts: 6,869 Admiral
    One set of tags....4th week............

Which means there is a VERY expensive, set in his ways old guide for rent.......................
  • 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 765 Officer
    I’ve been around long enough to know better than to hire you.
    Its your better half that does all the work.
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • MarlinBohnerMarlinBohner The darkest depths of Brevard countyPosts: 65 Greenhorn
    After 6 seasons of pulling tags I struck out 😬. But the woman pulled A1 Feb. Should be good as its never been gator hunted

Everybody gets one

After 6 seasons of pulling tags I struck out 😬. But the woman pulled A1 Feb. Should be good as its never been gator hunted
    The big ones are right in the middle. If you get there and don’t see them just go further. 
  • ChonggChongg Posts: 314 Deckhand
    edited May 31 #17
    Got Rodman Week 4...
    4WARD said:
    I’ve been around long enough to know better than to hire you.
    Its your better half that does all the work.
    And she costs extra......trust me...................
  • bgeorgebgeorge Plant City FLPosts: 1,326 Officer
    bswiv said:
    One set of tags....4th week............

Which means there is a VERY expensive, set in his ways old guide for rent.......................
    Some people do not understand how much there is to learn to be consistently successful.  They need to look at seasoned guide as a semester in college.  Then show up and pay attention. 
    The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. Hopefully the next man is not dropping his stones on the mountain you are trying to move.
  • cfthcfth Posts: 398 Deckhand
    Don’t say that Ben!! I will have your calendar booked up!!!!
    Capt. Grayson Padrick
    www.centralfloridatrophyhunts.com
    Alligator Hunts, Alligator Hunting Equipment, Alligator and Wild Game Processing
    That sounds sort of like a THREAT!!!....................... ;)

As I've noted in the past, those who have what it takes to guide get a lot of respect from my quarter. The patience, the willingness to put yourselves in the position of being blamed when it all goes bad, having to go when your instincts tell you the conditions while safe are not conducive to success, and on and on......

And yes, I do realize that the vast majority of folks who end up on a trip are great. Plus the sheer joy of having a youngster on his/her first outing and making it memorable for them, that's almost better for the adult than the child. As we have grandchildren I get that for sure.

And truth be that one of the reasons I keep my license and have the commercial insurance is so I can take folks out on the river.......but that is always in conjunction with some charity to which the trip gets donated, which is different in a lot of ways.

We've been working with the Florida Forest Service for a couple of years on helping with their Operation Outdoor Freedom ( It's here: https://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Florida-Forest-Service/Recreation/Operation-Outdoor-Freedom ). Hosted 4 hunts on our place the last couple of years and if it goes as the organizers hope, and if the shrimp cooperate in the river this year, we'll help with that too.

With all that said.....I am sending you a PM......................
  • probate-rprobate-r Posts: 252 Deckhand
    We pulled sta 3/4 stage 2.  It will be my first gator hunt, although I'm going with  group that hunts yearly.  Definitely stoked!
    Intrepid 370 - "My Favorite"
  • PinmanPinman Posts: 1,294 Officer
    Hope you get on a big one Probate-r
  • WILLIEGATORWILLIEGATOR Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    Pulled Lake George for the 4th week.
  • RockslamRockslam Posts: 63 Greenhorn
    Struck out again this year, 2 outta 5 for the past few years
  • watergatorwatergator Fort Pierce Posts: 21 Greenhorn
    Okeechobee North week 1. I havent been there since 2011 and filled 4 tags back then so Im hoping we can do well again this time around with just 2. 
  • Angler_2600Angler_2600 Posts: 1,088 Officer
    Does anyone know when we should expect the actual tags to be mailed out out?  I received award of Everglades 2. THaughty?
    Thoughts?
    Thoughts?
    Find a method other than airboat. They recently closed it to airboats. 
  • MackokidMackokid Posts: 904 Officer
    Upper Basin Canals Week 4!
    "History is much like an endless waltz; the three beats of war, peace, and revolution continue on forever" -Mariemaia Kushrenada
    Has anyone received tags in the mail yet?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file