Visiting Steinhatchee opening weekend

ShoNuffNoahShoNuffNoah Edgewater, FLPosts: 22 Greenhorn
hello all, 
we are taking some out of town friends scalloping for opening weekend this year and was wondering if anyone would swap one or two gps numbers for some over on the east coast?  I am just looking for a close hole or nice flat to cast on and show our friends a good time.  Thanks in advance.  I have private numbers from ponce inlet south to jupiter.  
Noah B.

Replies

• rwatersrwaters Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    I have lots of spots that produced in years past, but that doesn't mean they will be good this year. The main question everyone asks is are they North or South? If you do not have anyone local to check with Sea **** freely gives out information and general areas that are producing. The first day will be anyone's guess except for the folks that have been scouting. Once you go North or South look for the boats. Have fun and be patient at the boat ramp if you are launching.    
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,294 Moderator
    Really nothing but nice flats in both directions outside of the river. Trout will be on the deeper flats where no one is scalloping. Reds in on the grass line where it's too shallow to scallop. 

"You'll get your weather"
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,376 Officer
    If the scallops are north, I would trout fish in 6 to 8 ft from Piney Point to the bird rack. When the crew gets so hot they threaten mutiny throw them in the water to chase scallops.
    If the scallops are south I would try the area off of Pepperfish for trout.
  • ShoNuffNoahShoNuffNoah Edgewater, FLPosts: 22 Greenhorn
    Thanks gents!  In the past few years we got our limit quickly but never fished much.  Ill post a report when we return!
  • wingbreakerwingbreaker Posts: 150 Deckhand
    Slacker said:
    If the scallops are north, I would trout fish in 6 to 8 ft from Piney Point to the bird rack. When the crew gets so hot they threaten mutiny throw them in the water to chase scallops.
    If the scallops are south I would try the area off of Pepperfish for trout.
    Hahah that's my plan. My kids don't like fishing much but I figure if I get them sweating a bunch they'll die to be in the water to get them sclaps.
  • plumber1969plumber1969 Posts: 188 Deckhand
    I am seriously thinking about hiring a production crew to film that melee at the ramp this weekend. Plus I’d love to see all those yankee Georgians have their license cost increase equal to that Georgia charges non resident deer hunters.
    2013 Xpress H-18 115 Yamaha
    Camo'd out to hide from the fish better:cool:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file