Jetty Park Cape Canaveral

Does anyone ever really catch fish there, I have read reports heard stories but never seen anyone actually catch much.................

Replies

• outboardsurplusoutboardsurplus Posts: 98 Greenhorn
    Yes there is good fishing there.
  • andrewthe1andrewthe1 Posts: 516 Officer
    I used to fish there several times a week, depending on time of year we would effectively target: snook, flounder, mangroves, sheepies, pompano, spanish macks, ribbon fish, redfish, and FLOUNDER!

some rare catches included jewfish, cudas, sharks, tripple tail, cobia, trout, permit, and juvinile gag grouper.

It has a ton of fishy spots going with high sun on a clear day and scouting pays off.
    we need more internet money
  • AlleniAlleni Posts: 335 Deckhand
    If you don't fish there regularly and understand the bottom, tides, and seasons it cant be a very difficult place to fish. It can be a great place to target snook, flounder, and snapper but you have to be there regularly or have intel in order to be productive. A lot of times the snook bite can be hot for only 30 minutes or the flounder run might be 2 days. If you go out there with a pompano rig and dead shrimp your catches are going to reflect that, and that's what the majority of people out there use. 
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 18,507 AG
    Alleni said:
    If you don't fish there regularly and understand the bottom, tides, and seasons it cant be a very difficult place to fish. It can be a great place to target snook, flounder, and snapper but you have to be there regularly or have intel in order to be productive. A lot of times the snook bite can be hot for only 30 minutes or the flounder run might be 2 days. If you go out there with a pompano rig and dead shrimp your catches are going to reflect that, and that's what the majority of people out there use. 
    This goes equally well at Sebastian...and most inlets.... 
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • coachtdlcoachtdl Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the information I've been trying to learn about the spot. Trying different bait live shrimp, mid minnows, finger mullet, pin fish with mixed results. I keep going because i like the challenge i normally fish haulover area and do good just wanted to change it up a little. 
  • Screamin' LinesScreamin' Lines Posts: 51 Greenhorn
    I caught a cero on a sabiki once. No idea how it didnt break off, I pulled it all the way up the dock and over the rail. I've never done well there and havent seen anything great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crabbycrabby Posts: 32 Greenhorn
    Alleni said:
    I agree 100 percent. If you know when to go .I have had epic days at the port.
  • saltybumsaltybum Posts: 1,562 Captain
    Just don't go on sunny weekends. It's a flippin' zoo.
  • wingbreakerwingbreaker Posts: 150 Deckhand
    I've caught my biggest snook and biggest near shore mutton there. Never know what you'll get there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file