New Material 2

In response to 10kman’s request for new material, I’ll throw something out.  Pic below shows my favorite client with a flounder we caught a while back.  He couldn’t leave it in the cooler, kept pulling it out and asking a million questions.  We ate it for dinner together with a couple snapper, and he declared that snapper was no longer his favorite fish.  That flounder was quite tasty which leads to my question:  Can you effectively target flounder in the 10K?  I know they gig them elsewhere, but hunting in the dark with sharp pointy objects and an exited 6 year old is a trip that cannot end well.

Replies

• MegalopsAtlanticusMegalopsAtlanticus Port of the Islands, FLPosts: 91 Greenhorn
    You can effectively target them from the Naples Pier (when it's open) for sure.

And in the islands behind Jewel Key and over in Rabbit Key Grasses, etc. 

But the by-catch with shrimp will vastly outnumber the flounder haul, of course.  But you can get three or four.

Not sure about 'limiting out' though.  That would be really impressive on Flounder in the 10,000 Islands most days.

(I have found that in the winter, if you are finding Bluefish on the outside, then Flounder are a very realistic target closer in, around the outer islands.  Same spots that you would generally find Pompano in those conditions)
    "Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"
  • Mr, GooganMr, Googan Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the input Megalops!  We caught this one on an outside point near what you describe as "same spots that you would generally find pompano".
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 4,973 Captain
    I have a certain Rock point South of Goodland that is always good for a few.
    Mostly small..
    Killin and Grillin :grin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file