Trailerable Boats

Luv2BoatLuv2Boat JupiterPosts: 23 Greenhorn
Here is a review of GETUPSIDE "Gas" APP everyone is talking about ..... Thought I would share my experience with a new app I just found out about a few weeks ago .... This past weekend I put 40 gallons in my boat and received $24 cash back, not bad for just taking a picture of my receipt and submiting it. Coming from a boat owner that usually buys the gas every time "because friends never offer to CHIP in" and I'm sure some of you can relate ..... "GETUPSIDE" is the name of the app , I beleive it is intended for vehicles but is more beneficial for us boaters it is a cash back program which allows gas stations to compete for your business. Very easy to use simply download in your app store , sign up with email and create a user name and the rest is self explanatory . I have cashed out and received payment via PayPal $44.27 and can confirm it's legit . If you find this post useful and want to save an additional $.20 off a gallon type in P8H4W in the promotion code spot after you log in. Then you can use  UPSIDE7 and  SORRY3 "promo code" to receive an additional $.10 off a gallon , I love saving costs on fuel and hope to help others do the same. Good luck! P.S. it works everywhere in FL besides the panhandle . Please comment with any questions or success using app.

Replies

• Luv2BoatLuv2Boat JupiterPosts: 23 Greenhorn
    You can also use it for your personal vechiles and "Diesel" heavy equipment,  cash back offers are good up to 50 gallons .
  • FishFreak1FishFreak1 Jacksonville Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    edited May 7 #3
    Just Used app for the first time on Saturday to fill up my boat "45 gallons " . I will be honest I was a bit sceptical at first and thought no way! this is too good to be true!  So I went ahead and gave it a shot, downloaded app inputting codes Luv2Boat provided this thread which gave me .30 off + gas station offered .18 cash back , I just received my cash back $$$ today $21.60  .
    I myself own a construction business and plan to use app to fill my portable fuel cell using app. Has anyone used app for diesel ?
  • TaylormadeTaylormade Posts: 59 Greenhorn
    Mmmmm spaaaammmmm. 
    Taylormade , have you looked into app? feel free do your due diligence, definitely not spam. You should look into it if you own a boat will definitely save you couple bucks in fuel cost.... I use it every fill-up 
  • natecertnatecert Posts: 229 Deckhand
    Ok, tried to down load but did not work. Any help from others??
  • outboardsurplusoutboardsurplus Posts: 98 Greenhorn
    go online and type in getupside.com and they will send you a text to download the app

Should be able to download through app store..... we're you able to figure it out? Their customer support is fantastic as well , very responsive to any questions 
  • TaylormadeTaylormade Posts: 59 Greenhorn
    edited May 10 #9
    Luv2Boat said:
    Taylormade , have you looked into app? feel free do your due diligence, definitely not spam. You should look into it if you own a boat will definitely save you couple bucks in fuel cost.... I use it every fill-up 

Ok so no, I haven't looked into the app, but it's interesting that two people touting it have 6 total posts and 5 are about how great the app is. You joined the site on the 29th and immediately started promoting an app. FishFreak1 joined May 6th and his/her sole post is about how great and legit this app is. That's why I thought it was spam. You have not one, not two but THREE promotion codes and you know where the app works and where it doesn't. You solicit success stories, comments or questions about the app. Another reason I thought this was spam is that you're talking about how great the customer support is and I've literally never reached out to a app's creator for customer support. If it works, great. If it doesn't, it gets deleted. I mean... can you understand why one would think it's spam??

I'm not saying the app isn't legit, I understand that it is. And if you're just here to pass on the stoke on an app that you find useful but are in no way associated with, than I sincerely apologize. But I believe I'll stand by my initial statement that you're here to promote the app whether you're directly associated with it or not.  If so, just be transparent about it. 
    Thanks for your concern , basically to sum it up as you stated in your last paragraph I am definitely not affiliated with app and yes I am new to site . I am however a customer of the app and truly excited to inform others of the potential savings for those who own boats "like my self" which are trailerable. As App is intended for cars it offers a huge benefit to us boaters as we get a discounted price up to 50 gallons per fill-up. Just bringing awareness to The Forum and that's about it . I would suggest trying the app even if you do not use promotion codes , let me know what you think :)

Has anyone found any gas stations in South Florida that sell non ethanol fuel that's a participant in the app?
  • TailSpotterTailSpotter St.PetePosts: 39 Greenhorn
    I am assuming you can not use it at the Marinas??? Now THAT would be useful.
    Unfortunately I haven't found any marinas that participate :( , I agree it would be nice ! Who knows, app is still new here in FL marinas may catch on after a while but until then we will have to fill up at participating stations with trailers :) I hope to soon find a participating station that sells Rec 90 👍, if anyone has come across one please post it on this thread. Ty
    Mobil station at the end of my neighborhood offers a consistent .12 to .16   off a gallon. Anyone have any luck finding good stations that give more than $0.10 off a gallon consistently?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file