Suzuki re power

2»

Replies

• pottydocpottydoc Posts: 2,005 Captain
    Suzuki is a quality motor and their pricing the last years have been unbeatable.
    Has it really?  I mean how much cheaper is a 90hp Zuke vs a 90hp Merc or yammie?    I bet they're all within the same 300-500$ range.    Like Ford/Chevy/Ram.   The entry level trucks are all in the same price range plus or minus some markups.    

I mean if a Yamaha 90 was 9,000 and a suzuki was 7000 that i could see.   But I don't think the difference is that significant. 
    Obviously you haven’t priced outboards recently. I’ll take that bet my man 
    So you're telling me a 90hp Suzuki will be thousands of dollars less than a 90hp Yamaha?  Not buying it.   I saw Etecs at the boat show, 10 grand.  Yamaha 90s, same boat show, 10 grand.   They're all around 10 grand, or if you want to get technical, they're all around $7999 plus rigging, and installation.    
    Soda, I'm actually pricing them now for a possible repwer. I've found the Suzis for around $6500.00. The larger ones are even farther apart in price. 
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 7,915 Admiral
    pottydoc said:
    Suzuki is a quality motor and their pricing the last years have been unbeatable.
    Has it really?  I mean how much cheaper is a 90hp Zuke vs a 90hp Merc or yammie?    I bet they're all within the same 300-500$ range.    Like Ford/Chevy/Ram.   The entry level trucks are all in the same price range plus or minus some markups.    

I mean if a Yamaha 90 was 9,000 and a suzuki was 7000 that i could see.   But I don't think the difference is that significant. 
    Obviously you haven’t priced outboards recently. I’ll take that bet my man 
    So you're telling me a 90hp Suzuki will be thousands of dollars less than a 90hp Yamaha?  Not buying it.   I saw Etecs at the boat show, 10 grand.  Yamaha 90s, same boat show, 10 grand.   They're all around 10 grand, or if you want to get technical, they're all around $7999 plus rigging, and installation.    
    Soda, I'm actually pricing them now for a possible repwer. I've found the Suzis for around $6500.00. The larger ones are even farther apart in price. 
    Portside in Winter park had them for 7500 that was the cheapest I'd seen.   
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • LiveLineLiveLine Wakulla County, FloridaPosts: 1,471 Officer
    I'm in the same boat, but looking at a new 300.  Mechanical shift Yamaha vs electric shift Zuke are roughly $1,500 apart based on quotes (including rigging) I've received.  My deciding factor will be service after the install.  
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 2,016 Captain

Do you now believe the difference is significant?
    You should have been here yesterday

Do you now believe the difference is significant?
    http://www.yamaha-outboardsale.com/90hp-yamaha-outboard-motors-sale2018-four-stroke-p-379.html

not really
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 2,016 Captain
    edited June 8 #37
    A buddy just got a 300 Suzy with instillation and rigging ( 2 stations) for 17 k..,. If you can find a Yamaha 300 with duel control rigging for 17k , I’ll eat my hat.  It’s one thing to find a price online from god knows where, but another to get it from a brick and mortar dealer. 
    You should have been here yesterday
    A buddy just got a 300 Suzy with instillation and rigging ( 2 stations) for 17 k..,. If you can find a Yamaha 300 with duel control rigging for 17k , I’ll eat my hat.  It’s one thing to find a price online from god knows where, but another to get it from a brick and mortar dealer. 
    Yeah you got me there.   What isn't certain though is will the Suzukis stay cheaper if people keep being satisfied with them?  If they are just as good, the price will go up, that or Yamaha's price will come down as sales decline.   Maybe this is the best time to buy a zuke, IDK I've never owned one. 
  • REEL NATIVEREEL NATIVE Posts: 75 Greenhorn
    I just re-powered with a Suzuki DF300 in white. I saved about 5200.00 going with Suzuki over Yamaha. My first choice was Yamaha, but I was told by 3 different dealers that I would wait 22-24 weeks before I could get one because they are all going to manufacturers first. My second choice was a Verado 300. Unfortunately they are not taking orders for Verados because they are not going to be making 300 Verados anymore, just 350 and 400's. I could get a brand new version of the Mercury 300 that will be naturally aspirated and be Mercury's guinnea pig, not! So Suzuki's ARE thousands less, available, and has a 6 year warranty. SOLD!
  • bonebone Posts: 1,055 Officer
    edited June 8 #40
    First of all I believe Suzuki makes a great outboard. Problem I have is the 2013 140 apparently had IAC valve and computer issues. My computers were replaced under warranty with new ones. Since then I've had sporadic issues with missing and rough idle. Got so bad I couldn't use boat. Main problem is the extended warranty is very difficult for the dealer/mechanics to deal with. Going on 3 months now and still no authorization from warranty service. So as long as you have no issues they are great. If you need warranty work done prepare to be without a boat for awhile. 
  • bonebone Posts: 1,055 Officer
    edited June 8 #41
    Over engineered is how I describe Suzuki. 
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file