How many members will boycott Starbucks?

12346»

Replies

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 10,154 AG
    Of course proof is needed.  You asked what they would sue for, and I provided one possible answer.  Clearly, they have to make the case, and it's safe to say that neither one of us knows all the facts at this point.
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,285 Captain
    They'll sue. A half a dozen lawyers will line their pockets and the perps will be poorer. 
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • frankfrank Posts: 12,620 AG
    the two men arrested in the incident settled in a suit with the city 
    they asked for one dollar each and for the city to set up a program to help young entrepreneurs 
    nice guys
    No political signature
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,193 Admiral
    I'm still boycotting frank.  
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • MGTeacherMGTeacher South GaPosts: 1,579 Captain
    I'm still boycotting frank.  
    Me too.
    My Favorite Smile Is Vertical
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 4,683 Captain
    Cyclist said:
    cadman said:
    So the guys were told to leave and would not leave. Sounds like a legitimate reason to call the cops to me
    They were waiting for another person, it was a business meeting. Plain and simple, white folks would not have had the police called on them.

Pure conjecture, not fact.....what liberals make a living off of. Been there done just that multiple times...with white people.
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 1,212 Moderator
    edited May 3 #158
    frank said:
    the two men arrested in the incident settled in a suit with the city 
    they asked for one dollar each and for the city to set up a program to help young entrepreneurs 
    nice guys

The two black men arrested at a Philadelphia Starbucks have reached a settlement. They will receive a symbolic $1 each, and city officials have promised to create a $200,000 entrepreneur program for local high school students. 

I salute them. A very logical solution.

https://www.ajc.com/news/world/black-men-arrested-starbucks-settle-for-and-200k-youth-program/f1QsU1hKXjhpqhpvXqWU6L/

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 8,923 Admiral
    Another stutter?
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,042 Admiral
    Dfreedom said:

I'd boycott but since I already don't go there.  Can't understand spending too much money for bad coffee served by snotty, over-educated, under-employed baristas.

Many of who will undoubtedly vote republican after this clown show.
  • mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 6,235 Admiral
    You guys, the new term is personcot.  Enough with this toxic masculinity.

Captain Todd Approves

• mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 6,235 Admiral
    Sorry, I meant people, not guys.  

Captain Todd Approves

• dave44dave44 Posts: 6,927 Admiral
    Did you see that the university of Texas decided masculinity is a psychological disorder?
       Austin is such a mess.
  • Icecat21Icecat21 Posts: 633 Officer
    They settled with the CITY for $1 each.

What they’re not reporting is that Starbucks issued a statement saying that there will be a settlement between them and the two loiterers. No need to go after the city, they just hit the lottery with Starbucks.

But the initial story, sure does make them look heroic, just like it supposed to.
    when you have details, please let us know 

they were here able to get the City to do a good thing, did a lot more with their time than many others 
    No political signature
  • Icecat21Icecat21 Posts: 633 Officer
    edited May 3 #166
    https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/05/03/607973546/men-arrested-in-philadelphia-starbucks-reach-settlements

Undisclosed settlement from Starbucks, plus free college tuition so they can finish their bachelors degrees.
    KaChing!

looks like the new racial version of the ol’ “Slip-fall-sue” income stream.

#2018Reparations
    Icecat21 said:
    https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/05/03/607973546/men-arrested-in-philadelphia-starbucks-reach-settlements

Undisclosed settlement from Starbucks, plus free college tuition so they can finish their bachelors degrees.
    KaChing!

looks like the new racial version of the ol’ “Slip-fall-sue” income stream.

#2018Reparations
    Robinson and Nelson agreed to a settlement with Starbucks for an undisclosed sum and an offer of free college tuition to complete bachelor's degrees through an online program with Arizona State University that was created four years ago for Starbucks employees.

Could be they asked for another dollar, they got Starbucks to change their policies after all 

No political signature
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 23,815 AG
    If it settled that quick it wasn't big money,But free college tuition isn't a bad deal, They should have went for free coffee for life as a bonus.  

Mini Mart Magnate

• King_MeKing_Me Posts: 5,199 Admiral
    I prefer Dunkin Donuts coffee. Will not go to Starbucks, they're coffee sucks!
  • RareRare Posts: 221 Deckhand
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,042 Admiral
    Goodness.  Wait until SBs bathrooms become homeless insane asylums/filth stations, and drug OD death rooms. Their high income customers will probably find another vendor who locks their bathrooms and is selective in terms of who uses them.
    Boycott has reached it's 40th year.    I'm killing it with this.  
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
    Happy Birthday.
    MGTeacher said:
    Happy Birthday.
    It was in april but thanks! 
    MGTeacher said:
    Happy Birthday.
    It was in april but thanks! 
    Better late than never!
12346»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file