Favorite Tackle Spots in Fort Myers/Naples

Hey everyone,

Just moved from Bradenton/Sarasota and looking for a good place to spend some money. I've been going to bass pro but I prefer contributing to local businesses. Preferably a place with live bait, good deals, and an updated inventory. Looking forward to my time down here!

Replies

• showstoppershowstopper Posts: 30 Greenhorn
    Go to Lehr's Tackle on old 41 north of river. Been there for years--inventory huge and they also carry frozen bait.  Excellent rod and reel repair department.   Many of the other tackle shops in this area box up the reels they get in and take them to Lehr's for repair.  They can order you a blank and build a custom rod to your spec.  One of the best places on this coast.  I have used them for years and never been disappointed.
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 4,683 Captain
    I'll second Lehr's and add in D&D as well
  • larrywittlarrywitt Posts: 2,510 Moderator
    edited April 16 #4
    Cape Toll and Tackle  on Pine Island rd. in Cape Coral has been here like  forever no live bait though.  Old Pine Island Marine And Tackle in St James City  is another one, they do have live in season, frozen bait all year.
     Just to add to the good ones mentioned above 
    larrywitt
  • gulfcoastpapigulfcoastpapi Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the input fellas! Will definitely be checking these places out.
  • DrewboysDrewboys Posts: 35 Greenhorn
    Anderson's Bait & Tackle on old Mcgregor has live bait and probably the biggest tackle selection of any Mom and pop shops. John is the owner and a good guy.
  • dodger31dodger31 Posts: 122 Deckhand
    I would stop in at Master Bait and Tackle on Bonita Beach Rd. just to buy a t-shirt!  Good bait there too!  They have always given me good advice on spots and what's biting.
  • natecertnatecert Posts: 229 Deckhand
    Another suggestion, Captain Rob's, 3741 Del Prado Blvd. S in Cape Coral.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file