What happened to all the reports?

did I miss something?
used to be everyday someone was posting reports, now, not so many.
is no one fishing lately or are they posting somewhere else?

just an observation.

Replies

• ProbirdProbird Posts: 11 Greenhorn
    Also, whoever decided to mix reports with the other sub forum, you dropped the ball big time. 
  • Rich MRich M Posts: 847 Officer
    I think most folks have switched over to facebook or other social media stuff - these forums don't get any reports, people still need to show off...
  • CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Posts: 116 Deckhand
    edited April 16 #4
    It has been an unusually bad spring with a lot of people getting skunked consequently nothing to brag about...self included...but I did catch some Speedos last week!  :)  

Check out 'South General Fishing & The Outdoors' forum on this site, or CyberAngler where the charter Captains post.

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell

• FrydaddyFrydaddy Boynton BeachPosts: 306 Deckhand
    edited April 16 #5
    No one reports anything cuz anytime they do someone always bashes them about it. It's a shame I used to really enjoy reading this form. All we can do is just keep posting and hopefully everybody else will continue to do the same. good or bad days
    edited April 16 #6
    Frydaddy said:
    No one reports anything cuz anytime they do someone always bashes them about it. It's a shame I used to really enjoy reading this form. All we can do is just keep posting and hopefully everybody else will continue to do the same. good or bad days
    "No one"..."anytime they do" ..."someone always bashes"...how did you come to that conclusion? :/

I visit here almost daily and I don't observe what you're claiming...

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell

• Ron@.38 SpecialRon@.38 Special Posts: 6,702 Admiral
    OK, my excuse is, I did not fish this weekend!
    I'm going this Thursday and maybe again on Friday...I'll post the good, the bad, and the ugly as I always do!

• Osprey45Osprey45 FT Pierce/ Boonton Twp NJPosts: 981 Officer
    Frydaddy said:
    "No one"..."anytime they do" ..."someone always bashes"...how did you come to that conclusion? :/

I visit here almost daily and I don't observe what you're claiming...
    I have to agree with FryDaddy I do not know how long you have been a member but there used to be a lot of it.
  • OwlseyOwlsey Posts: 278 Deckhand
    @Frydaddy...I believe CoastalCatch proved your point. You made a simple post, only to be scolded
  • timmcollinstimmcollins Posts: 798 Officer
    Mother nature hasn't been very cooperative this spring. Been fishing on my 18 and a friends 40 when the sea's get a little choppy. Been on the troll and using the kite. It always seems that we fish on a west wind or a full moon. Had a few you should have been out here yesterday.
    Hopefully things will turn around.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in one hand, Cheeseburger in the other, body well used and worn out and screaming WOO-HOO What a Ride!"
  • GarysmoGarysmo Posts: 204 Deckhand
    I think the winds have had a lot to do with it.  We just had a few days of small craft warnings and today was still blowing pretty good.  Hopefully the winds start to die and the reports and fish will come back

• jasallasjasallas Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    Rich M said:
    I think most folks have switched over to facebook or other social media stuff - these forums don't get any reports, people still need to show off...
    What are your FB groups down there?   We are coming down Thursday and looking for any reports...
    The bashing has gotten alot better but at the same time there are fewer post. Two examples Paul boat and emoney they used to post all the time I remember the last few posts they did people would trash them I haven't seen either one of them post a very long time. Just saying!
    edited April 17 #15
    Frydaddy said:
    The bashing has gotten alot better but at the same time there are fewer post. Two examples Paul boat and emoney they used to post all the time I remember the last few posts they did people would trash them I haven't seen either one of them post a very long time. Just saying!
    Thanks for providing the two examples (that occured before I joined) supporting your previous claim. However my I gently suggest that you refrain from using hyperbolic rhetoric like "No one"..."anytime" ..."always"....which may give newbies the wrong idea. 

I can give you ten more if i was in the mood.
    You no not what you speak of.
    Go back and read some old threads before you lecure anyone.
    You have been a member since October,  Frydady since 2012 and you feel qualified to comment on the amount of reports. Try again
  • Captain DaveCaptain Dave Posts: 3,374 Captain
    Osprey45 said:
    I can give you ten more if i was in the mood.
    You no not what you speak of.
    Go back and read some old threads before you lecure anyone.
    You have been a member since October,  Frydady since 2012 and you feel qualified to comment on the amount of reports. Try again
    These newer guys crack me up.  They have no idea of the ups and downs this forum has seen in the last 18 years that I've been on here.  Regardless, it is a shame that more folks aren't keeping this forum alive with POSITIVE, UPBEAT, QUALITY reports.  This used to be an arena full of positive feedback from old school members who knew how to treat each other with respect when a fishing report was posted. They also knew how to tease each other in good fun and a positive manner.  Real-time info on social media is hard to surpass at this stage of the game, especially where fishing reports are concerned and the "right now" info is so important.  Just my .02
    72262-albums10528-picture94957.jpg

Your Southeast Florida Real Estate Resource !
    www.HomesOfTreasureCoast.com

Search for homes on any mobile device with my FREE MLS SEARCH App !
    http://app.kw.com/KW2GYNJDM
    I can remember 20 reports a day now your lucky to get 10 a week
  • CatalystCatalyst Posts: 199 Deckhand
    Some great fishermen and women have been run off over the years. Emoney was always great at sharing realtime info and techniques that work. Also anglermanagement, venturesome, daymaker, darcizzle... the list goes on. 

I think there are rules about the pro or semi pro people posting without paying for advertising. I think the forum should encourage them to post and still benefit from increased traffic and a better forum. If anglermanagement posted a daily fishing report, they would get a bit of free advertising but a bunch if us would also check everyday to see the realtime reports. 

You can find some of these people on facebook and instagram but I like the forum setup better personally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I do not do Either Facebook or Instagram so its here or THT .
     Eric Plane Fishin is gone don't know what happened to Bo, hope everything is ok he used to post a lot.
    We definitely miss Paulboats threads. And I agree, if they made rules that are preventing AnglerManagment  or E$ from taking the time to share, thats cutting off your nose to spite your face 
  • Dream RealityDream Reality Posts: 890 Officer
    Yup.  PaulBoat, Emoney, Plane fishin, angler management, alwaysforward, Bo to name a few.  All no longer posting here.  Wish I knew where they are posting their reports.   I learned a lot from those guys.  
  • tunawahootunawahoo Posts: 155 Deckhand
    Let's see, I have been bashed on this site for posting a picture of a barracuda (they are only good to give to the Haitians was the comment), bashed for posting a photo of a table full of triggerfish (that the customer wanted for dinner), bashed for posting a photo of a new female angler who released a sailfish but kept a small but legal mahi.....wonder why I or the other 25 or so captains at Sailfish don't post on this site ??? Who needs the aggravation ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @CoastalCatch...2 for 2. Let it go.  E-money was great to read because he fished my area. Great info source.
    edited April 18 #24
    Reading about all the dirty laundry that transpired over last year has discouraged me....consequently I'm now concerned that some might be hypercritical of my prospective contributions!  

Don't hesitate to post. Others use the info. Whether it was a successful trip or a complete skunk. That is what this is for. Please understand that no one wants to get criticized on a post. Everyone should try and refrain. I would love to see/read the old guys again. I hope they still secretly come on and start posting again.
  • AnyhooAnyhoo Posts: 121 Deckhand
    Coastal-Always appreciate your posts.

Owlsey-You are spot on. Whether your catch fish or not, a report helps everyone.  I would love to see the old guys report again.  However, if everyone who reads these boards posted a report after every trip, these would be the good old times.  My schedule starts freeing up the middle of May-Will be posting for sure.
  • JIMinPBJIMinPB Posts: 1,872 Captain
    Frydaddy said:
    The bashing has gotten alot better but at the same time there are fewer post. Two examples Paul boat and emoney...
    Those are two names that I most certainly do miss...
    And Brian B
    And Angler Management,
    And Lets Go
    And Last Mango (please don't flame me for that one)
    And Black Attack
    And, And, And....
    All we can do is to continue to post the good and the bad and hopefully everybody else will continue to the same who knows maybe one day it might go back to the way it used to be. A good social network is Key these days it's not like the old days when you used to go out 120 shut the motor off drift and catch whatever you want  you have to Target individual species now. I don't get to Fish nearly as much as I want to anymore these days so when I do go it's nice to look on the form and see who's catching what and how deep the info is huge
    JIMinPB said:
    Frydaddy said:
    The bashing has gotten alot better but at the same time there are fewer post. Two examples Paul boat and emoney...
    Those are two names that I most certainly do miss...
    And Brian B
    And Angler Management,
    And Lets Go
    And Last Mango (please don't flame me for that one)
    And Black Attack
    And, And, And....
    All good guys Jim. I definitely miss their reports
  • P91473P91473 Posts: 38 Greenhorn
    This is a common trend on many of the fishing forums coast to coast. The negativity along with the novelty has played out.  
  • JIMinPBJIMinPB Posts: 1,872 Captain
    I'm going this Thursday and maybe again on Friday...I'll post the good, the bad, and the ugly as I always do!
    Something in the scorpion fish family????  Not a star gazer.  Not a lion fish.  A little too colorful for a stone fish???

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file