Tarpon on Stuart Beaches??

MikeHookedUpMikeHookedUp Posts: 65 Greenhorn
Hey All,

I was wondering if anyone has seen any Tarpon rolling on the beaches in the Stuart/ Bathtub beach area? I know the spinners have been thick, but wondering if the Tarpon have begun to move in. Thanks

Replies

• mikenavmikenav Posts: 636 Officer
    I saw a few roll around sunset down by Bathtub, which is almost impossible to get to now on foot. I was going to stop at Santa Lucea and see what I saw, but got sidetracked. 
  • One DropOne Drop Posts: 65 Greenhorn
    Hey Mike, I used to live in that area but haven't been in a long while.  Why is it hard to get to bathtub on foot now? 
    One Drop, sorry for the tardy response. They have been doing a bunch of beach renourishment, or whatever they're calling it these days. The parking lot has been closed so you have to walk a LOOOOOONG way now. I heard they just reopened, but haven't been out there to see. 
  • polliwogpolliwog Posts: 212 Deckhand
    Ever since beach renourishment was done on the west coast around Naples the beaches have been terrible for snook fishing.  I use to see small pods and singles every time out early in the AM,now almost nothing. I don't know why only what i see.  Time will tell if it gets back to normal. 
    Unfortunately, beach renourishment is more for the people who live on the beach as opposed to the things that live at the beach. From my experience, which goes back to Jupiter in the late 70's and early 80's, most of that sand gets washed right back into the water, creates an impenetrable haze in the water and keeps fish away, while killing anything that relies on sunlight. But those million dollar houses aren't going to protect themselves!!
  • andrewthe1andrewthe1 Posts: 516 Officer
    covers up the sandfleas and coquina too, surf fish love coquina periwinkles or whatever they are called!
    we need more internet money

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file