Old Fin-Nor repair.......any thoughts?

Peter PatricelliPeter Patricelli Posts: 1 Greenhorn
My 40+ old Fin-Nor No. 3 anti-reverse has decided to crap out.  Needs repair.  Sitting here in Miami now, going to Xcalak in 3 days.....clearly this reel is not going with me.....but if there is a repair possibility I would take advantage of near shipping rather than take back to Oregon.

Replies

• waldnerrwaldnerr Posts: 993 Officer
    Depending on what is broken, a local machine shop may be able to fabricate what you need. I've had intricate parts for Seamaster anti-reverse reels made by a local machinist, and they're at least as good as the originals that Bob McChristian produced. 
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 2,831 Captain
    Other than having a machinist make whatever parts are worn or broken there's only one other route I know of Peter...
    That's to haunt E-Bay and similar sites for the exact model you have and buy a working replacement... Your old reel then becomes the "parts reel"... Unfortunately you won't find one cheap - unless you get lucky- that's why I put my old #2 away and quit using it...
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 2,831 Captain
    Peter, you got lucky... Here's an email from another member that provides the last known FinNor repair site.... I remember seeing info about this a few years ago as well... Hope this helps.  If he's still up and doing repairs please let folks know.  You're not the first guy with an old FinNor in need of repair...

Amazing, I found the NC contact info for Fin-Nor repair.

David Conners
    102 Harper Lake Drive
    Southport NC 28461

910-845-5323

Don't know if it is still valid but worth a try.  Please pass on to the guy on FL Sportsmen forum.

Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file