New to the CR area

I am new to fishing this area, having spent most of my life fishing cedar key to Steinhatchee, and have a question for you guys. Decided this is the year I would venture further south and learn something new. Having only scalloped down in CR I am not in tune with the local spots I keep hearing about. If this isnt a secret to anyone and you can fill me in, I would be much obliged. Where are the humps and the foul area I keep hearing people refer to? I dont see anything on Navionics or any maps I have been able to find with these located, so I am assuming it is a local term.

Thanks for the guidance and happy fishing

• nicknick Posts: 4,398 Captain
    There’s nothing here to catch except lizardfish and catfish 😁
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,059 Captain
    The Foul Area is marked on every chart of the area. The bars and spoil dumps are very visible on the Navionics Platinum and Florida Marine Tracks chips. If you look back on this forum, you'll find lots of information on where to fish. 

There are thousands of secret spots in the area. Just put in the time and you'll find them. There are tons of offshore rock piles. More than any other region of the gulf. You would have to try hard not to find some. 
  • TCow86TCow86 Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    Thanks Doc. I did go out of Cr for the first time back during the last week of grouper season and managed to find several nice rock piles with keeper gags. Went out blind and started trolling till the rods doubled over. Fouls and spoils are the same, good to know.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,092 Moderator
    The humps are South of the spoils in 6 - 9' SSW of fishermans gap. Basically South from the gap to the end of that spoil bank . Post a report for us ! 
    "You'll get your weather"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file