No Fish Saturday 3/10 LWI

Very slow for me yesterday.  Made 3 drifts with gogs from 240 into 90 between the inlet and Jupiter.  One cutoff which was on the only bait with no wire of course and lost something that hit the balloon bait just before pulling them in.  Possible little tunny but never got eyes on it since the hook was partially imbedded in the bait and it came off after a 5 minute fight.  Sloppy and nasty out there and the 45 minute run back to LWI quartering left me with a pound of salt in my hair.

Thought I would post since no one seems to be reporting anything.  Waiting on that Mahi run!

Replies

• ReeldreamsReeldreams Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    fished the same area yesterday, but only about to Juno. 80-180 water depth. Kite baits, flat lines,  downrigger bait from 9:30am-1:00pm. Late start for sure,  Nothing at all. 
  • FrydaddyFrydaddy Boynton BeachPosts: 355 Deckhand
    Thanks guys for the report
  • brianbbrianb Posts: 2,259 Captain
    Dude i saw coming in BOYNTON caught a nice mahi maybe 15lbs-ish and good cobia too on a 20' Pathfinder. I couldn't believe it. Mainly I can't believe someone caught more fish in BB then LWI. He was kitefishing I believe. 
  • JIMinPBJIMinPB Posts: 1,875 Captain
    I've always thought that Boynton was at least as good as LWI.  What makes you think otherwise?
  • GarysmoGarysmo Posts: 300 Deckhand
    Thanks for the update....getting a little anxious to catch something.  Hopefully things will change
  • AftershockAftershock Posts: 172 Deckhand
    Like Reeldreams I was kite fishing, one on a balloon and one weighted down deep with a chum bag going.  I think Hillsboro to Boynton is as good as or better than PB to Jupiter.
  • CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Posts: 243 Deckhand
    edited March 12 #8
    Numerous boats flying kites off Hillsboro Sat. morning but radio was quiet...you were not alone Aftershock ...but then again Hillsboro is hard work at any time due to the scarcity of live bait and heavy fishing pressure.

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell

• xeniaxenia Posts: 169 Deckhand
    I checked the FB and instagram pages of around 30 charter guys over the weekend from Ft. Laud to Key West.  Slow all around.  The Jimmy Johnson Tournament out of Key Largo Fri and Sat produced 364 sails by 99 boats in 2 days.  That's an average of 1.8 sails per boat per day.  Only 3 boats got at least 10 sails in 2 days.  Half the boats got 3 or less in 2 days.  There were 2 wahoo caught, and only 2 kingfish over 30 lbs, despite this being the best time of year for big kings off Key Largo.  Biggest mahi was 17 lbs.  Not very impressive.  Fishing is just plain slow right now.
  • taymagtaymag Posts: 694 Officer
    Weather hasn't been great though, I expect some reports this weekend, nice and flat

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file