Kaku wahoo 12.5

what are your thoughts on the kayak and do any of you own one? Looking into one for the quick inshore trips I can squeeze in when I don’t want to take my boat. 
Reelintension Go Pro Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/85stangbanger (plz like and subscribe)

Replies

• Tsaltmer98Tsaltmer98 Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    I have one. I like it. Just bought it  at the end of last year.  My first kayak so i do not have much to compare  to on how it paddles but ive crossed the lagoon in it a few times. It is a good workout thats for sure. Just hope its not windy. I fly fish half the time so I wanted something with an open deck. It is on the heavier side and is akward  to carry. Have not gotten the dolly  cart yet so i have just been  dragging it. The thing i need next is a I pilot min kota trolling motor. I hate having to put my rod down to paddle. Without any weight in the stern it spins in circles with a light breeze.  The trolling motor mounted on the stern would fix that weight and give  me a way to correct. Or a rudder which would be helpful. The seat is comfy. Can stand up no problem and cast or push pole or even throw a cast net but with a little chop on the water you def feel the wobble. Was either the kaku or the feel free. That one didnt look very good for fly fishing and like i said I wanted the open deck. Any more specific questions?? Hope this helps

• WC53WC53 Posts: 69 Greenhorn
    They are very stable, the aggressive bow and stern handle wakes and seas great, rising with the water. The aggressive shape does lessen water contact so it is a hair deeper than a flatter yak if you are fishing calmer shallow water. A rudder is nice in the wind. I fish out of one on a regular basis.
     They have a new paddle board which is very nice in shallow water with a flatter hull shape. I’m getting/gotten old and I wish all of them were lighter. Looking at trailers now :(
    "Reality, the bane of ICC everywhere."
  • AaronCannonAaronCannon Northwest ArkansasPosts: 192 Deckhand
    edited March 3 #6
    WC53 said:
    They are very stable, the aggressive bow and stern handle wakes and seas great, rising with the water. The aggressive shape does lessen water contact so it is a hair deeper than a flatter yak if you are fishing calmer shallow water. A rudder is nice in the wind. I fish out of one on a regular basis.
     They have a new paddle board which is very nice in shallow water with a flatter hull shape. I’m getting/gotten old and I wish all of them were lighter. Looking at trailers now :(
    Do it. Back will thank you.
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file