Cowling painting question... Also, anyone in south Florida?

What should this cost me? Its a 05 Merc 2 stroke, while I love my boat, I dont plan on paying an arm and a leg for cosmetics, the cowling just looks a little rough lol.. I'm in the Delray Beach area

Replies

• probate-rprobate-r Posts: 252 Deckhand

I got a quote a little while back at one of the auto repair shops. About $1k per engine, plus $250 in decals. That was assuming I took off the cowling, the lower chaps, etc and took them to him, and basically was for everything above the waterline. I decided against it so I can't vouch for how it would have turned out. Obviously just a cowling might be less.

Intrepid 370 - "My Favorite"
  • firefighter0222firefighter0222 Posts: 13 Greenhorn

Go see Darrel at Pride Auto Body in Pompano Beach (954)545-0811

• CaptJCaptJ Posts: 536 Officer

Go to a local Paint & Body. Shouldn't be more than a few hundred bucks depending on paint.

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 7,981 Admiral

@CaptJ said:
    Go to a local Paint & Body. Shouldn't be more than a few hundred bucks depending on paint.

That's what i did. We know the guy though. He painted football helmets for my son's peewee team, guy would paint anything. He had some leftover silver from the helmets, and there you go. $50.

People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file