Know Anyone Locally Who Makes Smokers?

I've given up on trying to contact Glen Lee from Leesburg, Ga.

I need a firebox for my new smokehouse NOW!

Know anyone close to Tallahassee/Cairo who could weld one up for me? Not a highly technical project, but has to be done right.

HELP!

Replies

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,037 AG

I know the man for the job and he is in Lloyd but if he has time is the question. This is a really small project for him. I will message you his name and number is all I can do and you call him and see if he will do it. Great guy but he will be straight and up front with you.

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes

Let me know if you got the message.

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Posts: 1,806 Captain

Tommy,
    Your contact will be here around 2 PM tomorrow!
    Thanks!

• skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 2,820 Captain

That's perfect!
    Cheers!

God, save the South!

Tommy,
    Mr. Cooksey came by right on schedule, looked everything over and knew exactly the size firebox and pipe that I need for the smokehouse. He is putting it all together for me now. Progress on the smokehouse is going right on schedule, so I'll be smoking grits in a week or so. And I expect everyone to buy smoked cornmeal and grits from me to help pay for all of this!

• ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 8,375 Admiral

I would like to purchase some grits from you sir.
    Don't know if you ship but would be willing to pay or pay extra to make it worth your while or if you have anything in stock around the east/south side of Tally, I canmake a trip up that way in about 3 weeks. maybe.

I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 8,860 Admiral

Mr Cooksey as in Bubba Cookseys dad? Bubba played baseball with my older son at Tom Brown about 10 or 11 years ago.

• stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,419 Captain

I'll definitely buy some. When you get it running let me know.

• BayBobBayBob Posts: 672 Officer

i too want to try some smoked grits

• trout069trout069 Posts: 4,186 Captain

@BayBob said:
    i too want to try some smoked grits

They are great!

edited February 16 #12

@Resinhead said:
    Mr Cooksey as in Bubba Cookseys dad? Bubba played baseball with my older son at Tom Brown about 10 or 11 years ago.

No, John Cooksey

Good deal Mr. Rich. Glad he could do it for you.

John Cooksey does have a Son, but I don't know his name. He works for River Ridge Plantation, however, which is just across Meridian Road from me---did a small amount of forest management work there years ago when E.C. Allen owned the place.

I'm beginning to get the smoked grits around to several outlets here locally, like Southern Seafood and New Leaf Market, but I'm not really off and running with it yet. Send me a PM if you like, and we'll discuss it. Got to be a little careful about doing business on the Board: don't want to get "spanked"!

Tony is his son's name.

I guess you got you PM's figured out?

• BodineBodine Posts: 2,847 Captain

I had some smoked grits this morning, dey waz goood.

F the feds
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 8,860 Admiral
    edited February 16 #16

@micci_man said:

@Resinhead said:

No, John Cooksey

Good deal Mr. Rich. Glad he could do it for you.

I'll tell you what, there's a bunch of Cookseys around here.

• loydDloydD GeorgiaPosts: 78 Greenhorn

@micci_man said:
    I know the man for the job and he is in Lloyd but if he has time is the question. This is a really small project for him. I will message you his name and number is all I can do and you call him and see if he will do it. Great guy but he will be straight and up front with you.

Our purchasing agent for work has quit. Have problems getting materials ordered.

Lovely Loyd

While you are a great welder too, I was talking about this guy living in Lloyd, Florida :smiley:

• stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,419 Captain
    edited February 16 #19

It's good to help local business men. Keep the money in your community. I use to buy online until I saw how bad amazon is hurting local businesses. I've never bought from Amazon. I still get spam from them saying I'm a member.

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,090 Captain

@stc1993 said:
    It's good to help local business men. Keep the money in your community. I use to buy online until I saw how bad amazon is hurting local businesses. I've never bought from Amazon. I still get spam from them saying I'm a member.

Online shopping with free shipping is really hurting small business. Most online retailers don't even have any inventory, they have everything drop shipped.

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you

No, Tommy, I don't have it figured out---just forgot that I don't know how to retrieve private messages!
    So, anyone wanting to contact me please post a phone number and a request to call you.

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,090 Captain

@woodsrunner said:
    I'm beginning to get the smoked grits around to several outlets here locally, like Southern Seafood and New Leaf Market, but I'm not really off and running with it yet. Send me a PM if you like, and we'll discuss it. Got to be a little careful about doing business on the Board: don't want to get "spanked"!

Just throwing this out there for Woods to think about. Donald Anderson (R I P) (Anderson Trailer) had a suggested retail price on his trailers that gave his retailers a good/fair profit. You could/can go to Anderson Trailer and buy a trailer at full suggested retail (no deals), Donald would tell you to check with one of his retailers and you might get it cheaper (retailers could charge what the wanted). So thinking out loud. If you had a fair suggested retail for your products, you could sell some direct at that price plus shipping. Tell your customers where they might drive and get them cheaper. This way, you are selling product and protecting your retailers.

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
    did you get your smoke box built? If so how's it working for you?
    Tommy, call me tomorrow at your convenience and I'll bring you up to date. I can't figure out how to send PM's since the Forum format changed. I'm just on the verge of quitting totally since I don't think in "electronic" terms.
    Don't quit. Hopefully a mod or admin will assist you Mr. Rich. You contribute too much to this place.
  • billybobbillybob Posts: 612 Officer
    What Micci said

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file