Looking for Lemon Bay, Gasparilla, Boca Charter Rec mid-May

Have a brothers weekend planned mid May. Already scheduled with Crooked Rod for Tarpon on one day but also looking for someone to take us out on Lemon Bay or a little south for some snook / redfish. Not looking for offshore. Anyone hear of chris oneill? Anyone else that you would recommend?

Looking to catch some good fish and not just go for a boat ride. Daytime fishing. Looking forward to hitting it out of the park on tarpon with Keith and then change it up the next day with some snook or reds or whatever would be the best bite mid-May.

Thanks for the help! Private message ok too.

Replies

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 9,611 Admiral
    edited March 27 #2

That's tarpon time. Many local guides in that area will be fishing for tarpon rather than inshore as you'd like to do.

Good luck in your search.

• sixstring09sixstring09 Posts: 24 Greenhorn

Thanks for the reply. We just want to change it up a bit on consecutive days. I was hoping that other stuff would be biting too.

• kmagnusskmagnuss Posts: 2,601 Captain

Other stuff will be biting for sure. I know a good guide out of Boca Grande that does really well on a variety of fish... Anton Barrington.

Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
    2017 Tarpon Count: 109/431
    Captain Keith Magnussen - Crooked Rod Charters
    Instagram is @crooked_rod_charters
  • restlessnativerestlessnative Posts: 1,954 Captain

When in mid may? I have worlds richest 17th & 18th but could do some easy back bay or beach fishing around then. Hit me up pm (I'm not a guide just like to fish)

Keith Englewood is close but ain't BG

@restlessnative said:

Keith Englewood is close but ain't BG

Huh? Anton guides out of Boca... that's where he keeps his boat.

• restlessnativerestlessnative Posts: 1,954 Captain

I googled him as I didn't recognize the name and it said englewood. Now that I think about it there was an Anton that worked at Boca grande outfitters. Same guy? I never knew his last name which is pretty awesome, sounds like a French aristocrat!

To OP I don't know Keith but from his posts looks like you are in good hands! Like I said I might be able to break away from **** fishing so let me know. No matter what have fun

Yeah, he lives in Englewood but charters out of BG. Super laid back guy... same one as at BG Outfitters.

• ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 1,686 Captain

Have a brothers weekend planned mid May. Already scheduled with Crooked Rod for Tarpon on one day but also looking for someone to take us out on Lemon Bay or a little south for some snook / redfish. Not looking for offshore. Anyone hear of chris oneill? Anyone else that you would recommend?

Looking to catch some good fish and not just go for a boat ride. Daytime fishing. Looking forward to hitting it out of the park on tarpon with Keith and then change it up the next day with some snook or reds or whatever would be the best bite mid-May.

Thanks for the help! Private message ok too.

Try Capt. Joe Le Clair.  flyfishsalt@hotmail.com
  • Capt. KevinCapt. Kevin Posts: 30 Greenhorn
    I have a few days open in May. Shoot me an email. kevin@reelcharterfishing.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file