Water Quality Map

Todays N.Y. Times has an article about water quality in the nation.

The report was published by the National Academy of Sciences.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/12/climate/drinking-water-safety.html

Oklahoma looks like a disaster area, but NW Florida has problem spots.

Franklin and Taylor counties both have significant water "issues".

Dixie county looks awful, worst in the entire state of Florida.

Replies

• skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 2,663 Captain

We have bottled spring water companies, to thank for this lesser quality..... in Florida! When collected at the source, not as much is getting on downstream.

God, save the South!
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 7,916 Admiral

@skyway ande said:
    We have bottled spring water companies, to thank for this lesser quality..... in Florida! When collected at the source, not as much is getting on downstream.

Absolutely correct. My well water is better than any bottled water.

• stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,211 Captain

Our water in Carrabelle is terrible. You can't drink it.

• ferris1248ferris1248 North GeorgiaPosts: 13,557 Moderator

I moved several posts as they were veering off into politics. This is a good topic that concerns us all. Please discuss it rationally. If you do not want to be rational, go to OT. :)

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

@skyway ande said:

We have ourselves to thank really. We buy these bottles of water, we buy the antibacterial soaps that have our streams and lakes polluted, we flush our unused pills down the commode.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 11,790 AG

All for the love of money :|

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes

@micci_man said:
    All for the love of money :|

Yep!

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

@ferris1248 said:
    I moved several posts as they were veering off into politics. This is a good topic that concerns us all. Please discuss it rationally. If you do not want to be rational, go to OT. :)

You might want to go back and visit OT. MisterJr replied to you in his usual way.

Not kidding but imo our well water is better than bottled. Moving here from Ft Laud in 02, my family lived on bottled water down there. Nasty stuff. Now the only time we buy it is for the boat or traveling.

• woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Posts: 1,677 Captain

My water is about as pure as you can get!
    Well is 365 feet deep, one foot for every day of the year! Straight into the Florida Aquifer through 3 layers of limestone. What we drink from our well fell as rain 10,000 plus years ago in north-central Georgia according to Water management personnel at the NWFWMD.

Tallahassee's water, I'm told, is drawn from deep wells down to 1,200 feet. Our water is good----wish I could say that about our politicians!

We get our city water in Albany from the same aquifer.

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 3,144 Captain

365 ft, that is deep to get to the Floridian.

@Resinhead said:

@ferris1248 said:

You might want to go back and visit OT. MisterJr replied to you in his usual way.

I'm sure there is nothing there unexpected. :)

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

The city water in Carrabelle is good. Our's is on well water.

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 3,144 Captain
    edited February 15 #16

Our's at St James is good (well water). Have 2 neighbors there with artesian wells. And of course we're on well water (Floridian Aquifer) at the Slough.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file