Aimpoint Micro H-2 (2 MOA) red dot

BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 4,143 Captain
edited February 13 in Off Topic #1

Impressions ? Rumors ? Suggestions ?
Any owner who can tell me his experience ?

Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English

My YouTube Channel

I'm typing with my "pasta hole" closed :grin !
Being politically correct is a self-inflicted slavery.

Replies

• ResinheadResinhead Posts: 7,955 Admiral

That hog is still running through your head, paisan?

• BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 4,143 Captain
    edited February 13 #3

:D :D :D

No, just the one you already know. But my sight is gone :( and I have to do something before the next boars season (November).

I visited the HIT Show (https://www.hit-show.com/en/) last Saturday and I have been very impressed by Aimpoint red dots. I also tried their simulators (yes, not true hunting but very realistic) and I'm pretty sure to have found the answer to my sight problem. Fortunately I always shot with both eyes open, so shouldn't be a problem being comfortable with the red dot.

My YouTube Channel

• mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 3,290 Captain
    edited February 13 #4

I have a couple (red dot) and they work well but I use them on a pistol and a .444 rifle (short range). One is actually a reflex.
    If that is the only gun you have I think it's a matter of personal preference. I would not use it, but you might like it.
    It has challenges in low light and over long distances, which based on the photos and video I have seen from you, are quite likely.
    It's not as quick as you might think either.
    If you have more than one gun you might want to buy it and use it on another weapon.
    I see that one is kind of pricey. You can get that technology for a lot less. I suggest you get a cheaper version and see how it works.

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway. nj

My problem is the presbyopia.
    I can't align correctly the iron sights anymore and as you can imagine being out of sight of 1/8 of inch at the muzzle it means shot 2 feet out of target at 30 yards.

I would be happy to save the money for a red dot but probably is the only solution I still have.
    About the price yes, Aimpoint is really expensive but at the fair I checked a lot of red dot and the good ones are all pricey.
    Except Aimpoint the only one I found very good for me is the Holosun 515CM Elite but - try to guess - is pricey (more or less like an Aimpoint).

My YouTube Channel

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 11,793 AG

Look at the Burris Fastfire 2 or 3 too. Pricey but it seems to be a very popular red dot sight. Lots of turkey hunters are using them these days. From what I've read on other hunting forums the cheaper ones don't preform well for long and by the time you buy 2 or 3 you could have the BFF 3. Another thing to keep in mind is cheaper sights on larger caliber guns could fail.

Here is one thread from GON about red dot sights with other brands as well.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=913737

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
    edited February 13 #7

Yes, a lot of persons had suggested me Burris but the only thing I'm sure is that for me it's ok a tube optic, not a window one. I tried the window ones at the fair but no one matched my expectation.
    Of course 2 minutes aren't enough to have a definitive feeling, anyway the first impression I think it counts.

My YouTube Channel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file