Coach Mullen's comments about Georgia...

ferris1248ferris1248 North GeorgiaPosts: 13,557 Moderator
edited February 8 in Off Topic #1

"During a Q&A session with fans, season-ticket holders, boosters and Alumni Association members on Wednesday, Mullen fielded a question about how the Gators can keep up with the recent success of the Bulldogs.

“Listen, winning one SEC Championship Game doesn't make you a dominant program, you know what I'm saying?” Mullen said with a laugh. “In two of the last three years, we've been to the SEC Championship Game. So even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.”

http://www.ajc.com/sports/dan-mullen-uga-sec-championship-even-blind-squirrel-finds-nut-every-once-while/t3IOzRGIWSKqNzJqoOjfLO/

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

Replies

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski Posts: 6,743 Admiral

That'll resonate well with Gata fans

People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski Posts: 6,743 Admiral

That'll resonate well with Gata fans

People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 7,914 Admiral

Typical Gata writing checks with his mouth that won't be cashed.

Little earlier than expected but consistent.

• frankfrank Posts: 12,231 AG
    edited February 8 #5

Yeah Coach
    You tell'em!

Harkens back to the Spurrier days
    I like it

Edit:
    OBC said about Georgia:
    “Why is it that during recruiting season they sign all the great players, but when it comes time to play the game, we have all the great players? I don’t understand that. What happens to them?”

No political signature
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,238 Admiral

I'm a GA Tech fan, but that boy needs to shut his man pleaser. Kirby Smart is the real deal and so are the Bulldogs.

Unfortunately I think it will be a long time before Tech beats them again and I think they will win the SEC East for the foreseeable future.

The Gata is screwed.

Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • knotty boysknotty boys Posts: 1,885 Captain

GO DAWGS!!!!!

Some people are like a slinky, not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.
  • ferris1248ferris1248 North GeorgiaPosts: 13,557 Moderator

@GA Fin said:
    I'm a GA Tech fan,

Go Jackets!!

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

TO Hell With georgia! And the gata!

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • jbdba01jbdba01 Posts: 118 Deckhand

@ferris1248 said:
    "During a Q&A session with fans, season-ticket holders, boosters and Alumni Association members on Wednesday, Mullen fielded a question about how the Gators can keep up with the recent success of the Bulldogs.

“Listen, winning one SEC Championship Game doesn't make you a dominant program, you know what I'm saying?” Mullen said with a laugh. “In two of the last three years, we've been to the SEC Championship Game. So even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.”

http://www.ajc.com/sports/dan-mullen-uga-sec-championship-even-blind-squirrel-finds-nut-every-once-while/t3IOzRGIWSKqNzJqoOjfLO/

Perhaps he doesn't see the irony of his own words.

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 3,144 Captain

GATA is Ga. Southern. The term came from the Erk. while he was coaching there.

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 3,144 Captain

@Slough said:

GATA is GA Southern. Gata are the jorts wearing hordes of the swamp.

• SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet Posts: 1,728 Captain
    edited February 10 #14

Love it
    And to hell with Ga tech, talk about an irrelevant football program

You should have been here yesterday

@Saltygatorvet said:
    Love it

Sadly you are correct. Just like UF, GA Tech has not won a NC in the recent past. We are both irrelevant. The glory days are over for both programs.
    The SEC is run by Bama. UGA is looking to stake their claim. The rest of the SEC, with the possible exception of Auburn, are second rate hacks.

• cadmancadman Gainesville, FlPosts: 23,050 AG

@GA Fin said:

@Saltygatorvet said:
    Love it

Sadly you are correct. Just like UF, GA Tech has not won a NC in the recent past. We are both irrelevant. The glory days are over for both programs.
    The SEC is run by Bama. UGA is looking to stake their claim. The rest of the SEC, with the possible exception of Auburn, are second rate hacks.

This ain't the ACC and we ain't Florida State. Gators will be back to give Georgia a run for the east title, I think it is good that Georgia is finally back, it will make winning the SEC east a title worth winning.

Mini Mart Magnate

:D

edited February 11 #18

@cadman said:

@GA Fin said:

@Saltygatorvet said:
    Love it

This ain't the ACC and we ain't Florida State. Gators will be back to give Georgia a run for the east title, I think it is good that Georgia is finally back, it will make winning the SEC east a title worth winning.

Dream on H-a-j-i.

edited February 11 #19

@GA Fin said:

@Saltygatorvet said:
    Love it

Seriously? In the last 25 years we’ve won 3 national titles and 6 sec titles. Not exactly the same. Have y’all won even one acc title in the last 20 years?

edited February 11 #20

@Saltygatorvet said:

@GA Fin said:

@Saltygatorvet said:
    Love it

Seriously? In the last 25 years we’ve won 3 national titles and 6 sec titles. Not exactly the same. Have y’all won even one acc title in the last 20 years?

Ga Tech is the Vanderbilt of the ACC. Some times they give the good teams a scare, but mostly they just serve as an easy conference win,

Mini Mart Magnate

@GA Fin said:

@cadman said:

@GA Fin said:

@Saltygatorvet said:
    Love it

Dream on H-a-j-i.

Not Muslim, never been to Mecca. I doubt you knew what the word meant though, you thought it was an insult.

Mini Mart Magnate

@cadman said:

Tech has won 7 national titles(4 claimed and 3 unclaimed). Like the gata they are all in the past. Like the gata, there will be no more in the future.

No get me a Slurpee and shut your pie hole.

@cadman said:> Not Muslim, never been to Mecca. I doubt you knew what the word meant though, you thought it was an insult.

No. I thought it was a joke. Lighten up a little.

edited February 12 #24

@GA Fin said:

@cadman said:> Not Muslim, never been to Mecca. I doubt you knew what the word meant though, you thought it was an insult.

No. I thought it was a joke. Lighten up a little.

You thought it was an insult, but you suck at therm, Get some new material.,

I need to lighten up? You are the one having to degrade to insults because you are so upset.

Mini Mart Magnate

edited February 12 #25

@GA Fin said:

@cadman said:

Tech has won 7 national titles(4 claimed and 3 unclaimed). Like the gata they are all in the past. Like the gata, there will be no more in the future.

You need to lighten up boy. This ain't that serious, :)

Mini Mart Magnate

@GA Fin said:

@cadman said:

How many in the last 25 years? How many acc titles. Your right about one thing , gt will never win another, ever. We will be back, only been 10 years since our last. We will be relevant soon. Gt, never

• Conchy CritterConchy Critter Posts: 823 Officer
    edited February 12 #27

@Saltygatorvet said:

@GA Fin said:

@cadman said:

We will be back, only been 10 years since our last. We will be relevant soon. Gt, never

Only 10 years :D As long as Saban and Kirby are around you won't be seeing another one any time soon.

• Conchy CritterConchy Critter Posts: 823 Officer

@Saltygatorvet said:

@GA Fin said:

Have y’all won even one acc title in the last 20 years?

yes #12 Gtech beat #25 Clemson in 2009 to win the ACC Title. Try and keep up.
    When was the gators last SEC Championship? Tic toc tic toc

I'm guessing when his mancrush, Timmay, was there.

;)

@cadman said:> You thought it was an insult, but you suck at therm, Get some new material.,

I need to lighten up? You are the one having to degrade to insults because you are so upset.

No. It was supposed to be a joke. Let me break it down:

1. You own two C stores(IIRC).
    2. H-A-J-I was the name of the turban wearing kid on the cartoon "Johnny Quest".
    3. Back in the 70's turban wearing dudes(like the kid from Johnny Quest) started buying C stores.
    4. Those C stores were referred to at H-a-j-i Marts.
    5. Get it? Got it? Good.

@Saltygatorvet said: We will be back, only been 10 years since our last.

"Only" 10 years?! L M M F A O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file