do we really need a military

Replies

• WadeFishermanWadeFisherman Posts: 339 Deckhand

@Welwood said:
    There's probably enough savings here to have one every month of the year.

https://www.forbes.com/pictures/ejde45i/in-pictures-15-silliest-uses-of-taxpayer-money/#7b51eac7374f

@Welwood said:
    There's probably enough savings here to have one every month of the year.

https://www.forbes.com/pictures/ejde45i/in-pictures-15-silliest-uses-of-taxpayer-money

Great comment, so much waste in our government, I do not know where to begin...let’s spend millions to educate illegals and then make teachers take 18 hours of college credit to get endorsed and teach the way they did before they wasted their time on the second language courses

• JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,244 Admiral

@knotty boys said:
    yes, bring all our troops home, close all overseas bases, then after the parade, have them secure our borders and start kicking out the illegals. Build bases along our borders and let our local communities prosper from our troops' monies. We no longer need overseas bases.

Worst idea ever..... We pull back within our borders..... South Korea gets over run by the north..... China takes Taiwan... Russia takes the Ukraine...... Iran and a couple other Middle Eastern Countries strike Israel... And that is just to start things off......
    Japan would likely get hit.......

You can say you don't care about any of those countries... you do.... You are talking about the destabilization of the economy of the entire world.... It would make the depression look like a sweet 16 party.....

And a bunch of those countries have nukes or are nuke capable.... Someone would use them...... Yea.... Nuclear winter sounds like a fun time...

And while we were sitting inside our borders, someone would have go at us.... Since we have lost ALL of our quick strike capabilities, we would be responding from our borders..... Our civilian population would be in great danger....

A LOT of bad actors play nice because we have quick strike capabilities anywhere in the world.

• CountryBumpkinCountryBumpkin Fla. Piney WoodsPosts: 1,244 Officer

@JohnnyBandit said:

A LOT of bad actors play nice because we have quick strike capabilities anywhere in the world.

I'm pretty sure our 14 Trident submarines always ensure this criteria is more than adequately met. B)

I say......I say son.......new & improved my tail feathers.

• JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,244 Admiral

@CountryBumpkin said:

@JohnnyBandit said:

I'm pretty sure our 14 Trident submarines always ensure this criteria is more than adequately met. B)

That is not pulling back...... And tridents only leave a very few extreme optionn

• lakemanlakeman Posts: 683 Officer

I think it could be reduced SOME, just enough to protect our Countries security here and abroad from terror events. If a major war starts it will probably be a nuclear one. I would love to see more local police officers protecting the general population from criminals, and better yet, race car drivers on our local roads and texting while they drive. Our local sheriff Dept, is great but not enough of them. For example living outside the city limits and your home alarm goes off, it might take up to hour to get a deputy there and then only to report the crime for insurance purposes.

• Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,009 AG

@JohnnyBandit said:

@knotty boys said:
    yes, bring all our troops home, close all overseas bases, then after the parade, have them secure our borders and start kicking out the illegals. Build bases along our borders and let our local communities prosper from our troops' monies. We no longer need overseas bases.

Worst idea ever..... We pull back within our borders..... South Korea gets over run by the north..... China takes Taiwan... Russia takes the Ukraine...... Iran and a couple other Middle Eastern Countries strike Israel... And that is just to start things off......
    Japan would likely get hit.......

You can say you don't care about any of those countries... you do.... You are talking about the destabilization of the economy of the entire world.... It would make the depression look like a sweet 16 party.....

And a bunch of those countries have nukes or are nuke capable.... Someone would use them...... Yea.... Nuclear winter sounds like a fun time...

And while we were sitting inside our borders, someone would have go at us.... Since we have lost ALL of our quick strike capabilities, we would be responding from our borders..... Our civilian population would be in great danger....

This

Look at WWII and what Isolationism did.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,107 Admin

@mustang190 said:
    We have military parades all the time. What’s the big deal?

Historically, we only have national military parades after we win a war.
    Why should we have one just because France does?

Federales, bring my baby back to me!
  • frankfrank Posts: 12,456 AG

@nuevowavo said:

@mustang190 said:

Are you saying we're not as good as France?!

No political signature
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 6,986 Admiral

@frank said:

Never underestimate the stupidity of the federal government

I don't believe this parade was the 'federal government's' idea.

But you're right about never underestimating the stupidity of the person who thought it was a good idea.

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,107 Admin

@frank said:

@nuevowavo said:

@mustang190 said:

Are you saying we're not as good as France?!

We don't need a parade to convince ourselves of our power. Only an insecure country, government or ruler need a parade to prove to themselves that they're powerful. # Kim Jong Un.

Federales, bring my baby back to me!
  • Ron@.38 SpecialRon@.38 Special Posts: 6,733 Admiral

All of the current and past military members in my family would strongly disagree with most positions herein

• Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 10,699 AG

Wouldn't it make sense to actually finish the longest war in US history and bring the 14,000 troops in Afghanistan home first before the parade?

• Nick NikonNick Nikon Posts: 1,749 Captain

@Bimini Twisted said:
    Wouldn't it make sense to actually finish the longest war in US history and bring the 14,000 troops in Afghanistan home first before the parade?

Since when has "sense" had anything to do with it?

Our primary strategy in Afghanistan has been to use air-power.

We drop bale, after bale, after bale, of $100 bills on those suckers.

Doesn't do much good, except for the real-estate market in the Gulf.

Our Afghan buddies take the money and run, straight to the Emirates.

We have absolutely no reason for being there.

We have absolutely no hope of "winning".

Any opportunity to save face is long gone.

There's no "honor" in rank stupidity.

Only one military parade should roll through Washington.

A long, slow, line of horse-drawn hearses.

• Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 10,387 AG

Trump has you guys all wound up.
    You really think he was being serious?

THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.

@Mackeral Snatcher said:

I guarantee it. Trust me.

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 9,611 Admiral
    edited February 11 #47

Of course we need a military.

However, it seems rather natural to question if we really need to spend 1/3 of the world's military spending and three times more than the next closest country (China).

Bottom line: I think we should spend less than we do.

• SeaSpySeaSpy Posts: 374 Deckhand

Never going to happen

Corporations and politicians need our military to protect private business in foreign lands.

And protect foreign governments from
    Others countries with better military.

Otherwise the other bad guys with decent military have a better chance of
    Taking over our private business in foreign lands.

Then they have a spring board to the US
    to the same.

Hence the need for 80 bases around the world.

Ron Alford Expert Investigations & Surveillance
    www.seaspy.theplan.com
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Posts: 1,970 Captain

@mplspug said:
    Who cares, it isn't going to happen. Don't you people know how trolling works?

I actually think it will, not tanks, but tired vehicles, airplanes, marching, etc... It is what he wants... Besides, who care about the deficit... No worries. Just spend, we can worry about it later... I think people will like it, some, anyway...

• Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,585 Admiral

If you trust Russia and China, sure, pull out our overseas bases.

• HeatwaveHeatwave Posts: 1,970 Captain

@Gardawg said:

@Mackeral Snatcher said:

I guarantee it. Trust me.

Think this **** should show his bone spurs as Claws grabbing the tank... Captioned (The real me- Let me at um)

• CyclistCyclist Posts: 22,199 AG

stalin and **** would be proud of our orange man, so proud.

133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 6,714 Admiral

@Cyclist said:

Wow, so, wow.

@dave44 said:

Wow, so, wow.

I expect someone was channeling mao...

• mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 5,897 Admiral

@Cyclist said:

Not to mention Emmanuel Macron!

Captain Todd Approves

@mplspug said:

@Cyclist said:

We all know how the right wingers love the French!

• mustang190mustang190 Posts: 9,020 Admiral

The sad part is that good men died so people like cyclist and heatboy could post their drivel.
    Not to mention their right to worship their hero’s like Stalin and other tyrants.

2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 5,897 Admiral
    edited February 13 #59

@Cyclist said:

@mplspug said:

@Cyclist said:

We all know how the right wingers love the French!

I know, you are the one listing leaders and I saw you left him off, which is important because it's his country that inspired him.

Neither here nor there, there will be no parade and he's just dragging you people like a shark behind a boat captained my Mike Wenzel.

Captain Todd Approves

• Tim FredTim Fred Posts: 97 Greenhorn

Two words, man: Red Dawn.

• frankfrank Posts: 12,456 AG

@mplspug said:
    Neither here nor there, there will be no parade and he's just dragging you people like a shark behind a boat captained my Mike Wenzel.

I'll bet you a dollar there is

No political signature

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file