Thinking about starting a cult...

SAENoleSAENole Posts: 9,486 Admiral

I've been watching Waco and a couple of documentaries about the events of 25 years ago. Koresh had a pretty good thing going for him.

The women cooked and cleaned and he played guitar, bought and sold guns, drank a little beer, and "assumed" the burden of sex with the females in the compound (some way too young, which I didn't agree with).

Seemed like a pretty good gig with the exception of a couple of overzealous government agencies that wanted to flex their muscles and get more funding from Congress and the new administration.

Other than the risk of being burned alive by people who are "here to help", I think it might be worth a shot. Anyone want in?

I may be entitled to compensation.

Replies

• mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 5,269 Admiral

I am not interested, but I'll send my mother in law over.

Captain Todd Approves

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski Posts: 6,743 Admiral

@mplspug said:
    I am not interested, but I'll send my mother in law over.

When did you get an F350?

People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.

Knock it off, I'm a Dodge guy.

Captain Todd Approves

@mplspug said:
    Knock it off, I'm a Dodge guy.

I own a ram 1500. Same team lol. just wondering if you got the beefier suspension to move the MIL over to SAE's cult compound. Which is just a 10x10 storage unit

People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • MadbeachMadbeach On the riverPosts: 901 Officer

I saw it too. Very interesting. By watching the series (part 1 and 2), my opinion is that the DEA and FBI failed miserably (politics and LE should never mix). There's a lot to learn from this particular tragedy and the Ruby Ridge incident where both fed agencies came out as the bad guys (and violating constitutional rights, laws and policies).

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I'm in! However, I want to be involved in my own offspring. No exceptions

• MadbeachMadbeach On the riverPosts: 901 Officer

I meant ATF

• GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,238 Admiral

I've go an F350 and a Ram 3500. That's just how I roll.

Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."

@Soda Popinski said:
    I own a ram 1500. Same team lol. just wondering if you got the beefier suspension to move the MIL over to SAE's cult compound. Which is just a 10x10 storage unit

Technically I was a Ram guy. I didn't bring it down when I moved. I sold it to my brother and it's now transportation up at his cabin on and off the ice, as well as to and from the bar during the summer.

It was a single cab long bed so the MIL would fit. Not to mention she's 5' 2" and 100 lbs soaking wet.

Captain Todd Approves

• mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 3,279 Captain
    edited February 7 #10

I wouldn't buy a Dodge if it was the only one left.....you can call it a "Ram".....I still won't buy it.
    And.....You really don't want me in your cult....trust me.

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway. nj
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 8,402 Admiral

I don’t belong to organizations and groups that have people like me in them.

2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,

@mplspug said:

@Soda Popinski said:

Technically I was a Ram guy. I didn't bring it down when I moved. I sold it to my brother and it's now transportation up at his cabin on and off the ice, as well as to and from the bar during the summer.

It was a single cab long bed so the MIL would fit. Not to mention she's 5' 2" and 100 lbs soaking wet.

We have very different mother in laws.

@mindyabiness said:
    I wouldn't buy a Dodge if it was the only one left.....you can call it a "Ram".....I still won't buy it.
    And.....You really don't want me in your cult....trust me.

What's your vehicle of choice the bowtie or the blue oval? I've had all 3. They're all pretty much the same IMO. Had an F150 with 165k miles. A silverado with 170k miles, a Ram that currently has 87k miles. A

Oh you are at the 87K mark? careful, that's when my head gasket and timing chain went out. :)

Captain Todd Approves

@mplspug said:
    Oh you are at the 87K mark? careful, that's when my head gasket and timing chain went out. :)

100k mile powertrain warranty if it goes it's their problem. They replaced one entire cylinder head because of the exhaust manifold bolts sheering off. I love warranty work.

• SAENoleSAENole Posts: 9,486 Admiral

All makes and models of trucks are welcome.

• dave44dave44 Posts: 6,229 Admiral

Can you get the virgins before they set you on fire? Or do you have to act like that “ martyr “ thing is your goal?
    I kinda have a thing about that.

Except Isuzus. I won't tolerate that crap.

My cult will promise nothing to anyone, but we will have a lot of fire extinguishers at our disposal.

Beer? We need beer. Can we get a research grant that insures we won’t run out of beer? Maybe we can have at least one cold beer after the fourth or fifth one?
    Goals to strive for. If you position the cult right we could put a horny toad on a treadmill and get cash from the government to see if it affects their mating habits?
    Spit balling here trying to find a way to keep the coolers full.

• cadmancadman Gainesville, FlPosts: 23,050 AG

There are dozens of cults operating around the country right now. Stay away from gun running, drug sales, and other illegal activities that catch the eye of the Feds and they pretty much leave you alone,.

The Feds don't care about religious cults, most even get tax exempt status with the IRS.

Mini Mart Magnate

Beer?

• cadmancadman Gainesville, FlPosts: 23,050 AG
    edited February 8 #23

@dave44 said:
    Beer?

You should join the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. They believe the afterlife contains a beer volcano that spews ever flowing beer for eternity. There is also a stripper factory if it interests you.

https://www.venganza.org/about/

Mini Mart Magnate

The afterlife is always iffy. The now is usually a better bet.
    If I’m joining a cult I want satisfaction before I see the flame throwing tanks advancing. Yes?

• hatcityhatcity Posts: 2,838 Captain

I would never belong to a club that wants me as a member

I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice

We will have beer. A lot of it.

And bourbon, too.

So let it be said. So let it be done.

I think membership will grow exponentially. Now, how do we get government sponsorship?
    Maybe we could claim to be enamored with flora and fauna?
    A claim is one thing, but I’m happily married, I will not be engaging in sexy photo ops with cacti.
    Think we could appropriate some Sierra club pics?

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 4,645 Captain

Can I bring my Service Hamster..
    I'll also be bringing 5 Rican Gals and an AR for the slow nights.

Killin and Grillin :grin

@Turner River Terror said:
    Can I bring my Service Hamster..
    I'll also be bringing 5 Rican Gals and an AR for the slow nights.

I need to know. You won’t be doing peta things with the hamster, right?

The rican gals are acceptable to me if they know how to cook. Or fetch beer. Or have optical attributes that need to be admired.
    Which brings to mind. Is there a no wives rule in the by laws?

• MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 5,908 Admiral

@cadman said:
    There are dozens of cults operating around the country right now. Stay away from gun running, drug sales, and other illegal activities that catch the eye of the Feds and they pretty much leave you alone,.

The Feds don't care about religious cults, most even get tax exempt status with the IRS.

Well that really takes the fun out of it.

@MRichardson said:

Well that really takes the fun out of it.

It's what's made me reconsider this whole thing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file