Welcome neighbors!

I cant wait to call you guys neighbors, my house is for sale in Palm Beach County. Moving to Wakulla County!

Replies

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 3,102 Captain

Welcome, have a good friend in Palm County. Matter of fact, he was fishing in Wakulla last week.

• skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 2,653 Captain

Nice choice dude!
    Congratulations!

God, save the South!
  • ferris1248ferris1248 North GeorgiaPosts: 13,551 Moderator

Congratulations. Welcome!

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)
  • brotherinlawbrotherinlaw Posts: 2,694 Captain

Congrats and welcome

• stc1993stc1993 Posts: 4,199 Captain

That'll be a big change from S FL.

• BodineBodine Posts: 2,811 Captain

Welcome, I recommend pulling at least one front tooth to blend in.

F the feds
  • LiveLineLiveLine Wakulla County, FloridaPosts: 1,441 Officer

@Bodine said:
    Welcome, I recommend pulling at least one front tooth to blend in.

Har, Har, Hardee Har Har

• LiveLineLiveLine Wakulla County, FloridaPosts: 1,441 Officer

Welcome, small town politics reign, everyone is related, fishing and hunting is great

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 11,787 AG

That is an extreme change for sure.

Welcome.

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • greenbonegreenbone Posts: 60 Greenhorn

The culture shock is easy to get over. I moved up from Miami in'97 and never regretted it.
    Welcome

• FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 2,529 Captain

Wakulla County? 32,000 people. 4 last names.

Welcome to the NW Forum.

Proverbs 13:3
  • Angler719Angler719 Posts: 485 Deckhand

House under contract, thanks for the welcomes. Going to be a crazy few weeks .

• ferris1248ferris1248 North GeorgiaPosts: 13,551 Moderator

@Angler719 said:
    House under contract, thanks for the welcomes. Going to be a crazy few weeks .

You are going to find fishing here unlike anything you've ever encountered. Enjoy!!

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Posts: 1,676 Captain

Welcome to the "Real Fladah"!

• stc1993stc1993 Posts: 4,199 Captain

@woodsrunner said:
    Welcome to the "Real Fladah"!

That's what I usually tell people Carrabelle reminds me of the old FL in the 60's. When there were real cowboys & crackers. Central FL wasn't nothing but cows & orange groves as far as the eye could see.

• MadbeachMadbeach On the riverPosts: 900 Officer

@LiveLine said:
    Welcome, small town politics reign, everyone is related, fishing and hunting is great

This. While what you know may get you so far, who you know comes in handy in rural communities/culture. The 'good-ole boy' network is still at large. Don't try to make since of the politics. Hunting and fishing is great

• skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 2,653 Captain

Go and meet Brett Shields at Shields Marina in St. Marks and Jimmy at Shell Island Fish Camp. You'll have all the intel you want. Congratulations!

God, save the South!

Again thanks for the welcomes! Cant wait to get out of the sixth borough or Miami north however you want to look at it. 35 years in Palm Beach County, it certainly has become a huge mess down here.

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 3,102 Captain

@Madbeach said:

@LiveLine said:

This. While what you know may get you so far, who you know comes in handy in rural communities/culture. The 'good-ole boy' network is still at large. Don't try to make since of the politics. Hunting and fishing is great

And don't, I mean Don't try and buck the system.

Well I guess to buck the system I would have to know the system. After a year and a half I don't really see a system.
    Just what appears to be a lot of laid back friendly people.

• ResinheadResinhead Posts: 7,890 Admiral
    edited February 17 #22

@Angler719 said:
    Again thanks for the welcomes! Cant wait to get out of the sixth borough or Miami north however you want to look at it. 35 years in Palm Beach County, it certainly has become a huge mess down here.

Did the same thing. Lived in Lauderdale for 30 years before moving here in 02. I miss the South Florida infrastructure and waterfront property but that's about it. Quality of life is much better up here for us and the kids. Youngest goes to college in 2 years and then we're looking to move to the coast somewhere to the West. Looking forward to having the boat on a lift in the backyard again.

edited February 18 #23

Dragging a 204 w/a up here so hoping for some deeper water help ,Maybe some Snapper season LOL. It doesn't take much to make me happy. most down here barely cover gas, never mind ice , bait or misc,or a wash down.. Definitely a shallow water boat in my future. Snapper and grouper are what i love to fish for here,hoping I can at least forward those desires and skills to some meat up here. We don't have much of an inshore fishery here except for snook. which is legally yeah right.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file