Twin Vee 22' Bay Cat

Anyone with actual experience on this boat? Thoughts/opinions appreciated.
Thanks

Replies

• Conchy JayConchy Jay Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    Dropsalot wrote: »
    Anyone with actual experience on this boat? Thoughts/opinions appreciated.
    Thanks

Hey Dropsalot, I have owned a 22 TV Bay Cat for a little over a year. It was a "dealer demo" 2016, with a 150 Suzuki, and a bunch of factory extras. I'm a long time cat boat owner, and also own a 31' Renaissance Marine cat boat. Anyway the 22BC is a great no nonsense ride. It handles 6 adults, with coolers, and dive/fishing gear for day long excursions. It's a good bang for the buck too. The only thing I really changed was to go from a 3 blade to a 4 blade prop. There are some cavitation issues with these single engine cat boats, that is a result of the tunnel directing turbulent water into the prop. The 4 blade cleaned that issue up nicely.
  • DropsalotDropsalot Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    Thanks Jay...that is what I was looking for. I currently have an older (1998) 22' twin vee with two engines. Great boat, but thinking of trading for a newer 22' bay cat and just wondering what people thought of them. If you hear of a 2011-2016 for sale, please let me know. Thanks for your reply!
  • andrewthe1andrewthe1 Posts: 509 Officer
    dont cat boats roll alot if they get up on one pontoon and then slam down?

I have been intrigued due to their handing in head sea but was turned off by the rock and roll
    we need more internet money

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file