Ramen...

haydenfox!#$haydenfox!#$ Posts: 2,346 Captain
Don't care for it. I really want to, but I just don't get it. With all the "hip" ramen joints in my area that are always packed I must be the only one.

I love me some Pho

Replies

• mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 5,727 Admiral
    Pho pho the win!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Captain Todd Approves

• FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,318 Admiral
    Don't care for it. I really want to, but I just don't get it. With all the "hip" ramen joints in my area that are always packed I must be the only one.

I love me some Pho

what don't you get ? you like your broth without noodles? You probably are the only one . :grin
  • mjnmjn Posts: 1,539 Captain
    There are thousands of iterations of ramens, unless you really hate the noddles themselves, everyone can find a style they like.

Its the hip new thing in the cities and I get dragged to a place now and then through work. Local place has a brothless ramen with crispy porkbelly , leeks, and eel. Its like sushi flavored lo mein with bacon. I don't know if its like anything else I have ever had and its really good.
    gammisun.jpgxxSearchEngineFail.jpg
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 9,409 Admiral
    Ramen is completely different if freshly made and prepared.
  • CountryBumpkinCountryBumpkin Fla. Piney WoodsPosts: 1,238 Officer

I say......I say son.......new & improved my tail feathers.

• Angler719Angler719 CrawfordvillePosts: 509 Officer
    Finfinder wrote: »
    what don't you get ? you like your broth without noodles? You probably are the only one . :grin

PHO has noodles. :wink
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 3,541 Captain
    No idea what you guys are talking about. I guess that comes from living in Ocala. The only Ramen I know is the noodles you buy in the store.
  • haydenfox!#$haydenfox!#$ Posts: 2,346 Captain
    mjn wrote: »
    There are thousands of iterations of ramens, unless you really hate the noddles themselves, everyone can find a style they like.

Its the hip new thing in the cities and I get dragged to a place now and then through work. Local place has a brothless ramen with crispy porkbelly , leeks, and eel. Its like sushi flavored lo mein with bacon. I don't know if its like anything else I have ever had and its really good.

I believe it is the noodles. And you are correct about all the variations. The wife had something like what you describe at a place called Ichicoro in my area. It was almost edible.
    Tarponator wrote: »
    Ramen is completely different if freshly made and prepared.

I have had them prepared and made in front of me.
    ferris1248 wrote: »
    You've never been really, really poor and hungry. I lived off ramen and grits when I came back from Nam.

Yes, I have. Thank God for hot sauce.
    Angler719 wrote: »
    PHO has noodles. :wink

Rice noodles, completely different.
  • Florida Ex-patFlorida Ex-pat Posts: 395 Deckhand
    All I have to say on this thread is my favorite place for noodles the Pho Q in Cupertino, CA.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file