Vacation home recommendations

mustang190mustang190 Posts: 8,853 Admiral
I'm looking at buying or maybe getting a time share vacation home.
I am looking at vacationing in either Haiti or maybe even Somalia? I hear they are lovely places to be.
I know a lot of you on this site have them in Haiti and spend a lot of your time there enjoying the place.
Thanks for any info.
2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,

Replies

• Conchy CritterConchy Critter Posts: 896 Officer
    We have a place in Honduras. We bought the place 23 years ago after spending our Honeymoon on Roatan.
    We go as often as possible. Plan on spending 6 months a year there once we retire.
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 4,473 Captain
    Haiti is a great place and close to home relatively speaking. But may I also suggest Iraq or possibly Chicago or Baltimore
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 6,584 Admiral
    I hear Somalia is a friendly place. And there’s a good chance the locals will take you in and show you all the best locals only favorites. For a few years too, while your family negotiates the going rate for hospitality.
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 8,853 Admiral
    I saw where Somalia has one of the premier charter boat fleets in the sport fishing world?
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 4,863 Captain
    I have 2 places just over the Border in Uganda.
    We go there a lot and spend time living like the Natives. You really get to know someone when you pick Lice off their head and eat old Dog meat.
    Killin and Grillin :grin
    mustang190 wrote: »
    I saw where Somalia has one of the premier charter boat fleets in the sport fishing world?

I had forgotten about that! I bet they would love to have help on those canoes.
    Another way to extend your vacation, winning.
  • MGTeacherMGTeacher South GaPosts: 1,502 Captain
    Why do you want to buy a home in a S***hole country? I'm baffled.
    My Favorite Smile Is Vertical
    MGTeacher wrote: »
    Why do you want to buy a home in a S***hole country? I'm baffled.

Having a problem with my diet. I hear they have secret diets that allow you to see your backbone within a couple of months.
    dave44 wrote: »
    Having a problem with my diet. I hear they have secret diets that allow you to see your backbone within a couple of months.

It's called the Wish Diet. You wish you had something to eat.
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 6,897 Admiral
    Haiti, what a he11 hole

aaf2192f738474f5ab82f1e073b6b39d--haiti-beach-resorts.jpg

Florida, beautiful Escambia County

Richh.jpg
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • Icecat21Icecat21 Posts: 625 Officer
    Gardawg wrote: »
    Haiti, what a he11 hole

A picture of a beach resort on the coast of Haiti is hardly a representation of the country of Haiti. I’m sure the walls around that place are 20 feet high with Razor wire. 24 hour guard I’m sure.

To truly experience the culture you need to move into the city, immerse yourself in the society that is Haiti. Once they embrace you, they may actually share with you the secret of all their success. Bring a blue tarp, and you’ll make instant friends.
    Or, you can save yourself some cash and just go to Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago, Trenton,...
  • mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 5,707 Admiral
    eyeroll1.gif

Captain Todd Approves

Gardog,,, FYI ,,,
    There are no mountains in Esambia county.
    Nice try
    All the countries y'all are wanting to but homes in are so big of a s***hole that you wouldn't even have to grunt or strain.
    MGTeacher wrote: »
    All the countries y'all are wanting to but homes in are so big of a s***hole that you wouldn't even have to grunt or strain.

Was thinking about Mexico but that’s out of the question now!
    https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/mexico-travel-advisory.html
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 11,958 AG
    Sore lips LOL
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
    Haiti, what a he11 hole

Richh.jpg

Spent lots of time in Haiti since the early 90's.....complete s**thole.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 9,298 Admiral
    I hear the tarpon fishing in Haiti is fabulous. If you find a place, please let me know when we can come to your ****hole. :)
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,074 Admin
    I hear London is nice. The new U.S. Embassy is beautiful - they might even invite you to cut the ribbon at the opening ceremony.
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!
  • Reptile DysfunctionReptile Dysfunction LP - Edge of the Known UniversePosts: 3,009 Captain
    Tarponator wrote: »
    I hear the tarpon fishing in Haiti is fabulous. If you find a place, please let me know when we can come to your ****hole. :)

I'm guessing tarpon may actually have food value in Haiti.
    "If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free" - P. J. O'Rourke
    nuevowavo wrote: »
    I hear London is nice. The new U.S. Embassy is beautiful - they might even invite you to cut the ribbon at the opening ceremony.

Our news just said it was an effort to make the embassies safer afte attacks in east Africa 10 years ago!
    They just equated London to east Africa. Lol.
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Posts: 1,958 Captain
    Troooolllllllllllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
  • Reptile DysfunctionReptile Dysfunction LP - Edge of the Known UniversePosts: 3,009 Captain
    Haiti, what a he11 hole

Richh.jpg

This post and it's premise, might be the most colossal fail on FS, ever.
    "If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free" - P. J. O'Rourke
    Tarponator wrote: »

All fishing there sucks. The other side of Hispaniola - Dom Rep is still good.
  • JKPJKP Posts: 2,848 Captain
    Last time I was in Somalia candy bars were great currency. Bring plenty when you settle on the timeshare.
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 10,375 AG
    We have a place in Honduras. We bought the place 23 years ago after spending our Honeymoon on Roatan.
    We go as often as possible. Plan on spending 6 months a year there once we retire.

Roatan is an awesome place. Love the reef
    Wouldn't mind buying there if i could get the wife to go for it.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file