I'm Not Liking My NEW TRUCK..

Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 4,863 Captain
Been 15 years since I bought a new Truck..
Got this real pretty new Ford F150..What the hell happened to Trucks while I was gone.:huh
Buttons all over the place , Dashboard talks to me, 16 Speakers cross my back dash..little barkin dog watching everybody pass.:grin
Smart Keys . Adjustable Petals , Traction control buttons ,Ding , Ding , Ding every 10 minutes.:willynilly
My Buddy says Read The Manuel...It's freakin 590 pages...590. Can't I get the Cliff Notes.
Time I figure it all out I'll be dead..
I'm gonna marry a 16 year old and let her drive....winning..:banana
Killin and Grillin :grin

Replies

• Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 10,662 AG
    Got this real pretty new Ford F150..What the hell happened to Trucks while I was gone.:huh
    Buttons all over the place , Dashboard talks to me, 16 Speakers cross my back dash..little barkin dog watching everybody pass.:grin
    Smart Keys . Adjustable Petals , Traction control buttons ,Ding , Ding , Ding every 10 minutes.:willynilly
    My Buddy says Read The Manuel...It's freakin 590 pages...590. Can't I get the Cliff Notes.

Youtube is your friend, and you will be amazed what you will learn about your truck.
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 3,531 Captain
    What motor, and is it 4x4? Crewcab?
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 6,584 Admiral
    I have anxieties about mine too. So many computerized systems I feel it can only break down to a point I can’t fix it.

I wouldn’t mind having my old truck back.

Oh, and the self inflicted dents from leaning against the flimsy quarter panels trying to get things from the bed. Hate those.
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 6,897 Admiral
    Tempus Fugit !!
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 4,473 Captain
    Trade it in for a 3 wheel bicycle with a weed-eater motor and a banana seat.........think of the $$$ in pocket....and room for a single wide beauty to ride shotgun ...winning!
    Westwall01 wrote: »
    Trade it in for a 3 wheel bicycle with a weed-eater motor and a banana seat.........think of the $$$ in pocket....and room for a single wide beauty to ride shotgun ...winning!

That sounds pretty good! But it would also be nice if we had those old clunkers to play with!
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 8,853 Admiral

But computers make our lives better and easier???
    I went into the dash and disconnected that obnoxious bell.
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 602 Officer
    Bought my truck in 2004. Since 2004 I have wanted my 89 silverado back.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 3,296 Captain
    remember when AC was an option? Those little triangle shaped side windows provided all the air you needed. I wonder if the kids today ever had to "roll down" a window?

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Besides getting rid of bench seats(which increased the divorce rate) getting rid of the vent window was one of the dumbest things the auto makers ever did. Try riding around with your windows down now the wind noise is deafening!
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 7,372 Admiral
    should have got a Ram. There is an option on the dash to turn all that crap off. So I did. Happy without all the garbage and just driving a truck.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
    I have a Ram. Where is that button, please?
  • sk018sk018 Posts: 2,679 Captain
    I have a 2016 RAM. I hope you purchased the warranty. I did. Since everything is a **** computer if one thing does wrong it will be super expensive without warranty. I do like the backup camera, and the touch screen calling and storing texts, and it reading them to you. Also, like the remote start from iphone on a cold day. Start it from bed to warm up.
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 6,897 Admiral
    What a bunch of whiny old wymmen.

You want an old truck then there are plenty for sale.

https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars-for-sale/1970-ford-f100-for-sale
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
    dave44 wrote: »
    I have a Ram. Where is that button, please?

on your dash you can scroll through the menu and choose menu off. or messages off, haven't looked at in a year or more.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
    on your dash you can scroll through the menu and choose menu off. or messages off, haven't looked at in a year or more.
    Ok, gotcha.

It is annoying every time the weather changes the tire air pressure sensors go off. I didn’t realize how much they were affected by weather.
  • Ron@.38 SpecialRon@.38 Special Posts: 6,702 Admiral

Technology has left you in the dust!

Sell the truck, get a horse!
    Ok, gotcha.

It is annoying every time the weather changes the tire air pressure sensors go off. I didn’t realize how much they were affected by weather.

that doesn't go off, it pops back up and i have to reset it every time. Pain in the neck really. The only thing that shuts that down is putting air in the tires. And it's always the front driver's side that's blinking on my truck. I guess that's where my weight pushes the air out.
    Technology has left you in the dust!

Sell the truck, get a horse!

That’s not true.
    Some technology is good like the machining processes and the electronic timing and fuel flow controls.
    But all the little gee wiz stuff is only more things that drive up the costs and they will fail and in most cases take down other needed systems. Not to mention driving up the cost of repairs.
    All I want my pickup todo is tow my boat efficiently and be a reliable piece of transportation.
  • CountryBumpkinCountryBumpkin Fla. Piney WoodsPosts: 1,237 Officer
    Ok, gotcha.

Then stop acting like a penny pinching, money grubbing CEO. Spend a few nickels and put nitrogen in tires. :grin

I say......I say son.......new & improved my tail feathers.

• sk018sk018 Posts: 2,679 Captain
    that doesn't go off, it pops back up and i have to reset it every time. Pain in the neck really. The only thing that shuts that down is putting air in the tires. And it's always the front driver's side that's blinking on my truck. I guess that's where my weight pushes the air out.

Yes!!! always the same **** tire. Everytime its cold it tells me the pressure is around 31 others at 36ish...filled it up twice in last 4 months
    sk018 wrote: »
    Yes!!! always the same **** tire. Everytime its cold it tells me the pressure is around 31 others at 36ish...filled it up twice in last 4 months

the plus side is you can set the pump and watch the pressure rise on the dash until it's good to go. My next set of tires i may spring for nitrogen if it remedies this issue.
    These are far superior to monitor the tire pressure with,
    https://www.oreillyauto.com/shop/tire---wheel-16779/tire-pressure-gauge-17472
    mustang190 wrote: »
    These are far superior to monitor the tire pressure with,
    https://www.oreillyauto.com/shop/tire---wheel-16779/tire-pressure-gauge-17472

spring for one of these bad boys too!

https://www.oreillyauto.com/flux-capacitor
  • Nick NikonNick Nikon Posts: 1,726 Captain

Our sincere condolences.

Be thankful that you didn't purchase a 2017 Toyota Highlander.

The owners manual for that beast is over 700 pages long!

Even worse, there's a second book ... a "Navigation and Multi-Media Guide".

That one is a mere 390 pages of useless gibberish.

All the computerized bling-bling is dangerous.

The driver has to reach over and tap the screen over and over.

Bring back push-button radios, please!
    Then stop acting like a penny pinching, money grubbing CEO. Spend a few nickels and put nitrogen in tires. :grin

I would love that! But, rotate the tires every few thousand miles. Dodge says 65 in the front and 80 in the back. 20 inch all terrains aren’t that easy to find and many places don’t offer nitrogen. I filled them a couple of days ago ( temp in the 20s). So today temp was 73. Nice, pressure is now 91 in back and 73 in front.

I need to get a nitrogen tank in my garage.

By the way, most pay for air pumps at gas stations top out close to 70 apparently.
    Nick Nikon wrote: »
    Our sincere condolences.

Be thankful that you didn't purchase a 2017 Toyota Highlander.

The owners manual for that beast is over 700 pages long!

Even worse, there's a second book ... a "Navigation and Multi-Media Guide".

That one is a mere 390 pages of useless gibberish.

All the computerized bling-bling is dangerous.

The driver has to reach over and tap the screen over and over.

Bring back push-button radios, please!

My wife's venza has all that crap with the touchscreen for GPS that also controls the radio. I hate it thoroughly. It's too much to look at while trying to drive. Her ac/heat is also impossible to find while driving as well, so forget it if you're hot/cold you better pull over first.

We had an 03 Yukon that was 100 times what that stupid venza will ever be, dumb decision to get rid of it for an extra 13mpg.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file