Quaaludes anyone?

Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 7,816 Admiral
I browse local mugshots daily and try to guess what each person is arrested for. This guy got busted for possession of Quaaludes! I didn't know they still made those.

https://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/Charles_Cavaliere_35237639/
23895.gif

Replies

  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 4,473 Captain
    Looks like a fine productive citizen
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 8,853 Admiral
    Haven’t heard of them in 20 years.
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 6,763 Admiral
    God I loved those in the 70s mostly because the ladies LOVED them.
    Deo Vindice
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 3,296 Captain
    Parkerboy wrote: »
    God I loved those in the 70s mostly because the ladies LOVED them.

    How true and then the ladies loved you afterwards. :grin
    I bet Bill Cosby gave out a few in his heyday.

    “Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 9,706 Admiral
    "People on ludes should not drive."
    I may be entitled to compensation.
  • RedactionRedaction Posts: 1,414 Officer
    LOL...Gorilla biscuits - 714. Never heard of them.
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,458 Admiral
    Can you still get scrip Ludes in Canada and Mexico?
    Asking for a friend.
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.


    "The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 7,816 Admiral
    In 1981, I woke up in my bed with my clothes on one morning. I was soaking wet. They told me that I climbed out the bathroom window, onto the roof, then jumped into the pool. I was wearing work boots. I went to the bottom, swam up to the side, crawled out onto the sidewalk, and passed out. They carried me upstairs and threw me in bed. So they say. I don't remember. Lemmon 714!

    A girl in college used to love doing Quaalude bong-hits, as in actually smoking them. I admit I tried it a few times, but didn't really like it or feel it. As far as I can remember.

    There were lots of bootleg fake Ludes back then. Many had PCP mixed-in.
    23895.gif
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 4,863 Captain
    I want Nothing to do with them things...ever again..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • ncdeadncdead Posts: 536 Officer
    Fish Haid wrote: »
    In 1981, I woke up in my bed with my clothes on one morning. I was soaking wet. They told me that I climbed out the bathroom window, onto the roof, then jumped into the pool. I was wearing work boots. I went to the bottom, swam up to the side, crawled out onto the sidewalk, and passed out. They carried me upstairs and threw me in bed. So they say. I don't remember. Lemmon 714!

    A girl in college used to love doing Quaalude bong-hits, as in actually smoking them. I admit I tried it a few times, but didn't really like it or feel it. As far as I can remember.

    There were lots of bootleg fake Ludes back then. Many had PCP mixed-in.
    Quaaludes I've never had...been around some crazy country boy rednecks as a kid that did them. Pcp on the other hand I wouldn't recommend to a rabid dog...holy Jesus..that stuff...I've done a lot of things but that one is the devil.
  • Mark O.Mark O. Posts: 3,384 Captain
    Fish Haid wrote: »
    I browse local mugshots .
    I do that too sometimes. The shear amount of people who are arrested every day is staggering.
  • Nick NikonNick Nikon Posts: 1,726 Captain
    Mark O. wrote: »
    Fish Haid wrote: »
    I browse local mugshots .
    I do that too sometimes. The shear amount of people who are arrested every day is staggering.

    Many of those arrested are staggering already ... . :wink
  • Nick NikonNick Nikon Posts: 1,726 Captain
    Fish Haid wrote: »
    I browse local mugshots daily and try to guess what each person is arrested for. This guy got busted for possession of Quaaludes! I didn't know they still made those.

    https://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/Charles_Cavaliere_35237639/


    If they are available at all, they're total bootlegs.

    Commercial manufacturers stopped making them decades ago.

    Early on, MD's handed them out like candy ... with refillable prescriptions!
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 6,897 Admiral
    It was a different time ...




    FYI Ludes and cocaine was a very popular combination.

    the cocaine kept one awake in spite of the ludes and the ludes smoothed the jitters from the coke

    if it sounds like a vicious cycle that's because it is
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

    Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 6,763 Admiral
    Gardawg wrote: »
    It was a different time ...




    FYI Ludes and cocaine was a very popular combination.

    the cocaine kept one awake in spite of the ludes and the ludes smoothed the jitters from the coke

    if it sounds like a vicious cycle that's because it is

    As we referred to them collectively "Slows and Goes" not to be confused with speed ballin.
    Deo Vindice
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 6,897 Admiral
    ALL the cars in the parking lot of the pill mills had dents in them.

    Ludes made everything feel soft.
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

    Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 4,863 Captain
    My Girlfriends boobs were like pillows from Heaven...winning..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • DucksterDuckster Posts: 545 Officer
    Missed the ludes generation they switched it to acid
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 10,375 AG
    I got lude stories all day long.:willynilly
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 6,763 Admiral
    Duckster wrote: »
    Missed the ludes generation they switched it to acid

    Acid was in before ludes. Acid in the mid to late 60's. I didn't see ludes until the early 70s.
    Deo Vindice
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,340 Captain
    They were both around for a while during the early 70's.
  • Mark O.Mark O. Posts: 3,384 Captain
    Nick Nikon wrote: »
    Many of those arrested are staggering already ... . :wink

    I like how you can sort tagged photos by "beat up" ...a high percentage in that category have been charged with resisting officer with violence...haha . You can also sort by "hottie" if you want to bail out your new girlfriend...:cool:

    https://florida.arrests.org/
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 8,274 Admiral
    ludes made my clothes fall off and hours melt away
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 6,763 Admiral
    While extolling the virtues of ludes let's not forget another drug of the 70s we enjoyed which was MDA. Not to be confused with the street drug MDMA commonly referred to as Molly.
    Deo Vindice
  • Nick NikonNick Nikon Posts: 1,726 Captain
    Parkerboy wrote: »
    While extolling the virtues of ludes let's not forget another drug of the 70s we enjoyed which was MDA. Not to be confused with the street drug MDMA commonly referred to as Molly.

    There are numerous variations of the "meth-molecule".

    MDA is just one of several that include MMDA as well as MDMA.

    Some of them can have positive results, some ... not so much.

    As with ALL psychotropics, the primary determining factors are "set" and "setting".

    Mental state going in, motivations and expectations, and where you are & who you're with.

    In the late 60's, guys in the Chemistry department found a variation that hadn't been tested.

    Just one of many in the literature, but there was no record of anyone actually trying it.

    Since they had access to LAH ( Lithium Aluminum Hydride ) it was relatively simple.

    ( If you had the right equipment, and knew enough not to cause an explosion. )

    It turned out to be "problematic" ... the stuff produced nothing but Side Effects.

    It left people glued to the floor with hot & cold flashes, and nausea.

    Not exactly a "party-drug".
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 3,531 Captain
    I was a teen in the early 70's. I never had the nerve to try any drugs, but all my friends sure did and it made for some hilarious stories. Like mentioned. Lude's and acid were the go to drug other than pot. Turns out most of that stuff was even worse than I thought at the time. Lost a few to OD and brain damage from huffing. I stuck to beer and Boones Farm.

    Then there was the unknown homemade pills people took at parties that had know idea what it was. Scary stuff.
  • robertgrantrobertgrant Posts: 86 Deckhand
    Never tried,
    Father arrested for selling a few ,10k ,when I was 9. Tried to make a fast buck.
    Got 8yrs,cancer in prison,dead in 4 .
  • SeaSpySeaSpy Posts: 370 Deckhand
    The only MD I recall in the 70’s had 20/20
    At the end.
    Ron Alford Expert Investigations & Surveillance
    www.seaspy.theplan.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file