Need help finding a cheap flight from Cleveland to Fort Myers on 3/29 or 30th

austjjaustjj Posts: 44 Greenhorn
I have to fly them in after school on Thursday March 29th or late morning or early afternoon on Fri March 30th. My son is on disability plus divorced with three children. He cant drive due to his condition and must fly out of Cleveland with his three children. We already bought their tickets on their return flight but my wife just cant find anything less than $245 a person from Cleveland to Fort Myers. My question where are some places to go online to do this and is their a day of the week or time of day to try and purchase 4 tickets. Again we are locked into those 4 days because of spring break and the mother will no allow then to miss school on Thurs. The dates we need are Thurs March 29th or Friday March 30th, thanks ahead of time for any suggestions and tips

Replies

• BobberBobber Posts: 873 Officer
    Net Blue is running a sale til midnite only,Cleveland to Tampa. Fares start at $49. Hurry!
  • austjjaustjj Posts: 44 Greenhorn
    Bobber wrote: »
    Net Blue is running a sale til midnite only,Cleveland to Tampa. Fares start at $49. Hurry!

Thanks but prices are not low for the dates I need, thank you
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 567 Officer
    Alegiant services from cleveland too punta gorda on 3/30
    Jason :USA
    1outlaw wrote: »
    Alegiant services from cleveland too punta gorda on 3/30

I worry that if that flight is not going out, no planes out the next day. The time and rate on the our date is good, but just don't trust if their is a breakdown, thank you
  • gpenninggpenning Posts: 40 Greenhorn
    I have been on that flight many times, never a problem and usually arrives early.
    gpenning wrote: »
    I have been on that flight many times, never a problem and usually arrives early.

Their window of travel time is small, and I cant chance that will be as you say. They will fly in on a thurs or fri and leave the following fri. My wife usually has the tickets by now. She said this has been very difficult. We are trying to keep price down, but not have any choice but to pay more. When you dealing with a split family its not easy. They can miss school if its with the mother, but she will not let them miss a half a day if with the dad. Sorry for the rant, just confuses me.
  • finbullyfinbully Posts: 433 Deckhand
    plenty of folks trying to help you out - it is what it is and this has nothing to do with general fishing
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 567 Officer
    austjj wrote: »
    I worry that if that flight is not going out, no planes out the next day. The time and rate on the our date is good, but just don't trust if their is a breakdown, thank you

I have flown dozens of times on alegiant with no issues!
    Jason :USA
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 18,415 AG
    1outlaw wrote: »
    I have flown dozens of times on alegiant with no issues!

Yep...me too....Greyhound bus of the sky.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 7,372 Admiral
    Cheap flights and hotels during spring break.....
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
    I want to thank all of you for your suggestions. Each one had merit and were followed up by me. I had some limits to Airports since my son does not drive and his ex wife would not take them to Akron. I also would have to make 6 hr drive round trip to get them to Tampa.

Anyway, my wife was in the process of buying tickets for $250 and ask me to check at Southwest site. I did that and found a perfect flight leaving at 4:50 one stop to Fort Myers. The tickets were $191 and the first two bags are free. The group now get 8 days plus in Florida with later in the day flight the following Friday. The mother always has to cut it short because of soccer, but I will not open that can of worms.

My wife now is stress free for today at least. One last comment but wife had check everyday at several sites and at Southwest. That flight I found just came up today at 10am or close to that time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file