Chick fil A

Replies

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 7,421 Admiral
    Man all those preservatives just make you live longer. Hence preservatives! I figure with all the ones i've eaten i'll live to be 150
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 7,827 Admiral
    Why go to a drive through when you can eat at Waffle House and get waited on by hot women?
    23895.gif
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 8,893 Admiral
    When I get fast food here in Panama City it’s the Tally Ho! Best burgers and Cubans around.
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,318 Admiral
    Cyclist wrote: »
    Never eaten the stuff...gross trash...but then, it is fast food, even if it is godly gross trash...100 chemicals in the chicken sandwich, straight from the devils own hell...

I’ve already talked about some of the ingredients found in a Chick-fil-A sandwich – food coloring, refined grains, MSG, GMO Corn in past posts. I want to talk about some of the other preservatives here today. I honestly can’t believe that there are 18 (if I counted right and didn’t miss one) added chemical preservatives to this sandwich. The FDA allows food companies to add these preservatives in limited quantities, however, they do not prohibit companies from adding different preservatives all together by letting them combine different food items that make one big whopping dose. For example, let’s take TBHQ which stands for “Tertiary Butylhydroquinone” – an ingredient that is listed twice, once in the chicken and once in the bun. TBHQ is a chemical made from butane (a very toxic gas) and can only be used at a rate of 0.02 percent of the total oil in a product. Why is there a limit to this? Maybe because eating only 1 gram of this toxic preservative has been shown to cause all sorts of issues, from ADHD in children, to asthma, allergies and dermatitis to dizziness and even has caused stomach cancer in laboratory animals. Limiting TBHQ to a certain percentage, is the same logic the FDA made when allowing a product to still contain 0.5 grams of transfat and be labeled “transfat free.” If you are consuming processed foods, eating at fast food restaurants or chains that use processed foods you are consuming an overload of preservatives and other chemicals. The high dosage is a huge factor contributing to increased auto immune disorders, rising health care and cancer in America. I don’t eat out very often, it’s been about 11 days since I ate out. The reason for this is because when you make your own food, you see what goes in it, making me enjoy it ten times more. I want to feel the best I possibly can in life, with abundant energy and radiating vibrancy. I don’t want to feel sick, always with some aliment or some health issue to complain about. God forbid, if I ever got sick, I want to know I did everything I could to prevent it. When I grow old, I don’t want to burden my family to take care of me because I didn’t care of myself. I didn’t write this post because I was angry or mad at the people that celebrated eating Chick-fil-A after seeing how many ingredients there are. It’s the opposite. It saddens me that people choose to continue to harm themselves and their families by ingesting these chemicals after acquiring this knowledge. IMO, they are walking around half dead. I am, however, hopeful that my blog and leading by example, will turn the lights on in someone new and they won’t ever look at a Chick-Fil-A sandwich ever again.
    https://foodbabe.com/2011/07/09/chick-fil-a-or-chemical-fil-a/

Chick-Fil-A-Sandwich.png

just more Kool-Aid sales

ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vani_Hari

Vani Hari. Vani Deva Hari (born March 22, 1979), who blogs as the Food Babe, is an American author, activist, and affiliate marketer who criticizes the food industry. She started the Food Babe blog in 2011, and it received over 54 million views in 2014.Residence‎: ‎Charlotte, North Carolina, United ...
    Occupation‎: ‎Blogger, author, speaker, affiliate

Figured there was more in the fine print!lol
  • mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 5,727 Admiral
    The GMO is what makes the Chick Fil A so good!

****, she can eat from my organic sausage and protein shake stand anytime!

18-food-babe-vani-Headshot.w710.h473.jpg

Captain Todd Approves

• sailfish2sailfish2 Posts: 4,126 Captain
    I have always liked them for the reasons stated above, then the snowflakes tried to shut them down. Now I like them even better!
    Hoping for better luck next time......
  • frankfrank Posts: 12,392 AG
    mustang190 wrote: »
    When I get fast food here in Panama City it’s the Tally Ho! Best burgers and Cubans around.

thanks, always looking for good local places to eat when traveling
    why folks would want to eat at a chain restaurant that is the same in every town over a local privately owned place where the money spent stays within the community and benefits the locals never makes sense
    there are always better places to eat at than mega chains
    No political signature
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 22,029 AG
    mustang190 wrote: »
    Figured there was more in the fine print!lol

Ingredient list straight from the disgusting chiken chain...make you grow moobs too.
    133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg
    Cyclist wrote: »
    ...make you grow moobs too.
    What! Man I may never leave the house...except to get more Chik Fil A!

Captain Todd Approves

frank wrote: »
    thanks, always looking for good local places to eat when traveling
    why folks would want to eat at a chain restaurant that is the same in every town over a local privately owned place where the money spent stays within the community and benefits the locals never makes sense
    there are always better places to eat at than mega chains

Corner of Harrison &US 98 been there since 1949.
  • ncdeadncdead Posts: 536 Officer
    Aw Jesus just go out and catch some fish, make some fish stew...which I need to do btw. It's wintertime. Time for fish stew. I got several bags in the freezer that need to be dealt with. Add some ritz crackers to the mix and call it a day..
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 10,378 AG
    Didn't read most of this thread BUT I'd like to say I like their Chic Fil A SANDWHICHES AND SWEET TEA.
    Wierd that my cravingings are mosttly on Sunday:shrug

Anyone else remember when Publix was closed on Sunday?
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 10,667 AG
    Didn't read most of this thread BUT I'd like to say I like their Chic Fil A SANDWHICHES AND SWEET TEA.
    Wierd that my cravingings are mosttly on Sunday:shrug

Yup, I was working there when I was 16 when they decided to start opening on Sundays. For a while they paid time and a half on Sundays. That was really good money for a 16 YO.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 23,408 AG
    Yup, I was working there when I was 16 when they decided to start opening on Sundays. For a while they paid time and a half on Sundays. That was really good money for a 16 YO.

Didn't know you were that old.

Mini Mart Magnate

cadman wrote: »
    Didn't know you were that old.

That was about 1982.
  • tankardtankard Posts: 6,270 Admiral
    Jeez. I remember when Publix was closed on Sunday.

Does that make me old?
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 7,421 Admiral
    Bevilles corner Shell station intersection of 48 and 471. Best fried chicken in existence. They also have pizza sticks and some other good stuff you can't seem to find anymore.

If you're in the neighborhood, they are worth the stop.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Grady-ladyGrady-lady Posts: 5,203 Admiral
    Griz wrote: »
    I don’t get the attraction or prices. Chicken is good but biscuits are aweful. Wraps are atrocious

Best fast food biscuits I’ve had are Hardeees.

They have a yummy lemon shake that no one else has. The chicken soup and kale salad are good too. Haven't tried the biscuits. There isn't one within miles of us but on a recent trip we ate lunch at one a couple of times. The drive thru is amazing well handled.

Believe it or not - Arby's has a dang good (imho) fish sandwich, also available as a wrap. Apparently some locations carry it only seasonally.
    I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt

• conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 3,303 Captain

Yep, We didn't have a Publix in Key West when I was a kid though. We had two Kwik Cheks, a Food Fair, and two local markets, Faustos and Gulfstream supermaket. Publix didn't arrive until the '80s if I remember correct.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

So this topic was stuck in my head so we got Chick Fil A for breakfast. I went in and grabbed my order with the confidence they didn't screw it up as someone pointed out. Then I checked and found only one of three hash browns in the bag.

As for the food, I'll take McDonalds breakfast. However Chick Fil A coffee is the bomb!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Captain Todd Approves

• CountryBumpkinCountryBumpkin Fla. Piney WoodsPosts: 1,238 Officer
    I'm surprised no one mentioned what I think is their big strong point, in you feeling like it's been a nice experience when you visit there.

They don't act like they assume you are a thief or guilt trip you like some other places with cheapskate handling of napkins and condiments.

Everything right out on the counters just help yourself and they even give you more than a trickle of water in their restroom sink to wash up with.

The horror of it............how anti-capitilistic of them........don't they realize they are squandering "profit margin"??? :grin

I say......I say son.......new & improved my tail feathers.

• AC ManAC Man Posts: 3,541 Captain
    I don't get it either. I ate there 25 years ago when they were not famous. Pretty good, just another fast food in the mall. It wasn't anything great but good.

Fast forward stand alone stores with the line around the building. I didn't get it, but got in line. The staff was like Disney. Tons of people in line and I'm like why all these people but appreciated the best service I have ever seen. They know what they are doing.

What I don't understand is I like better chicken at other restaurants. What ticked me off after many years is they discontinued Colelslaw. Plus the waffle fries suck. They are the best run fast food, not the best food. Still can't believe they gave up coleslaw. They somehow some way became the Yeti of fast food.
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,350 Captain
    Their chicken sandwiches are cheaper than hamburgers where I live @ $3.35. Get the meal around $6.75
  • BibBib Posts: 2,356 Captain
    i was working at publix way back when they were closed on sunday. and the hours were 9a-9p for all stores.

was the same time they rolled out the plastic grocery bags.
  • sailfish2sailfish2 Posts: 4,126 Captain
    To each their own, the waffle fries are the bomb!
    Hoping for better luck next time......
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,657 Admin
    sailfish2 wrote: »
    To each their own, the waffle fries are the bomb!

I think they're good too when they're not pulled out of the fryer too early.
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,459 Admiral
    Griz wrote: »
    I don’t get the attraction or prices. Chicken is good but biscuits are aweful. Wraps are atrocious.

You are doing it wrong. Sandwiches and lemonade only. SMFH
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
    I think they're good too when they're not pulled out of the fryer too early.

I agree, actually my favorite item there.
    Got our order of CFA coffee. Good stuff.318037b67b74b0872b47d2cc4def3265.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Captain Todd Approves

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file