Chick fil A

GrizGriz Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaPosts: 9,673 Admin
I don’t get the attraction or prices. Chicken is good but biscuits are aweful. Wraps are atrocious

Best fast food biscuits I’ve had are Hardeees.
The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

:Griz

Replies

• MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 1,303 Officer
    Bojangles has good biscuits also. If you ever see a biscuitville, try them also...
    I like the chick-fil-a minis in the am, but they are a little sweeter.
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,128 Admiral
    Griz, I don't remember getting a bad chicken biscuit there before and I really like their chicken sandwiches for lunch (probably too much so for my own good). IMO the worst biscuits are at KFC. And I agree Hardees are good as well as Popeyes.
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 5,707 Admiral
    So what is behind Chick Fill A's popularity? I know the sandwiches are good, but good enough to validate long lines from open to close?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Captain Todd Approves

• Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,128 Admiral
    mplspug wrote: »
    So what is behind Chick Fill A's popularity? I know the sandwiches are good, but good enough to validate long lines from open to close?

There is something about the simple chicken sandwich with a couple of pickle slices that makes it absolutely delicious. They are always fresh and the employees smile and are polite.
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 11,958 AG
    So what is behind Chick Fill A's popularity?

Just look up what the owner does with the money made and you will see.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,297 Admiral
    It's why they don't call it biscuit fillet
  • frankfrank Posts: 12,365 AG
    Not worth the lines, and there are better fried chicken places imo
    No political signature
  • sk018sk018 Posts: 2,679 Captain
    I love chick filla breakfast, chicken egg and cheese biscuit, or the buritto bowl.
    Lunch isn't anything special. But, they have best service, staff, cleanliness etc. Great company
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 7,372 Admiral
    I liked Chic Fli A but now that there is a PDQ in town, forget it. Their honey butter chicken sandwich is amazing.

And Hardees has great biscuits, but my absolute favorite are Popeyes.

My biggest gripe with Chic fil A is i always seem to crave it on a Sunday
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 567 Officer

The Sandwiches are awesome.... Im not sure about yours but the line completely circles ours 1.5 times and i can get through it faster then most other fast food spots with only a hand full in line. 2 people taking ourders out front, pay at the back, pick up at the window.
    Jason :USA
  • pottydocpottydoc Posts: 1,839 Captain
    1outlaw wrote: »
    The Sandwiches are awesome.... Im not sure about yours but the line completely circles ours 1.5 times and i can get through it faster then most other fast food spots with only a hand full in line. 2 people taking ourders out front, pay at the back, pick up at the window.
    This ^ They get their customers through the drive threw faster han anyone else. They almost never screw up your order. Their prices are on par with the rest of the fast food places, their customer service is great. Oh yeah, their food is good, also.
    pottydoc wrote: »
    This ^ They get their customers through the drive threw faster han anyone else. They almost never screw up your order. Their prices are on par with the rest of the fast food places, their customer service is great. Oh yeah, their food is good, also.

For whatever reason they are extremely popular with HS kids and women. I can't tell you how many moms would show up to football practice with CF bags and watch little Timmy practice. or basketball when my son was playing it.

If you want to make your chicken at home taste like theirs, just marinate your chicken breasts in pickle juice.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 8,853 Admiral
    I wish they still had the carrot and raisin salad.
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 2,506 Captain
    For me it's easy to support a business that stands by their morals regardless of what anyone else says, they serve quality food, and make incredible hiring decisions. That's a recipe for Success every time

Think about the billions of dollars they have turn their backs on by not opening on Sundays. That serious conviction and I can appreciate that
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 13,859 AG
    Moral business owners, clean, well mannered staff, good food,,, easy to understand why they are so popular.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 8,853 Admiral
    For me it's easy to support a business that stands by their morals regardless of what anyone else says, they serve quality food, and make incredible hiring decisions. That's a recipe for Success every time

Think about the billions of dollars they have turn their backs on by not opening on Sundays. That serious conviction and I can appreciate that

I agree.
    I rarely eat there, only in a pinch. I could never figure out the criticism of Chic Filet for closing on Sundays? Around here most restaurants are closed on either Sundays or Monday, hear no complaints about those?
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 6,897 Admiral
    It has to be last resort for me to eat any fast food.

Chick Fila is edible .
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 5,474 Admiral
    Gardawg wrote: »
    It has to be last resort for me to eat any fast food.

Chick Fila is edible .

Agreed , you can have fast food or good food, but you can't have good fast food, quality takes time
    I understand all of that and maybe you guys are right, it's as simple as they are the best. But I imagine a good chunk of fast food consumers could care less about any of that stuff? Maybe Chic Fil A just gets ALL of the good consumers?

To me its just weird because their popularity seems very disproportionate to the rest of the options, even if they are the best fast food place around. Maybe I am just not buying the kool aid yet, because whenever I am getting fast food or take out it isn't the first place that pops into my head. And we get take out enough. The Lake Mary one has the tents for the drive through and extra staff with a line wrapped around the building too.

I wonder if it isn't more the Apple effect. You know, pseudo cultish where people hold it in high regard if for no other reason than everyone else does.

This is not an indictment of any of you people or Chick Fil A'ers, I am just thinking out loud. Like I said I like the food too.

Captain Todd Approves

• joekat46joekat46 Posts: 1,811 Captain
    We often stop at Chic on the way to Hobby Lobby (who aren't open Sundays either). Always have a suspicion so many of these OFF TOPIC posts are really trying a back door sneaky slide into Politics.
    My wife hates McDonalds. I mean if I didn't run in there from time to time she would not eat there her entire life. But when we do go, she gets a crispy chicken sandwich and she likes it every time. But if i even breath the words chic fil a on an outing she's ready to go. I have no idea why. I do think it's some kind of image thing with women. McDonalds=Gross. Chic fil A=the classy fast food place.

makes zero sense to me. But women make no sense to me. They have definitely fostered an image of cleanliness and consistency at all their stores. those two things sell big time with moms.
  • NickhoogNickhoog Posts: 749 Officer
    Hardee's biscuits!!! Wish they still had some around this area.

Had this discussion with my father over thanksgiving, Moral business owners... You're eating chicken for GOD...
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 13,859 AG
    joekat46 wrote: »
    Always have a suspicion so many of these OFF TOPIC posts are really trying a back door sneaky slide into Politics.

Oh my,,,,, the horor of it all.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • ncdeadncdead Posts: 536 Officer
    Bojangles has good biscuits also. If you ever see a biscuitville, try them also...
    I like the chick-fil-a minis in the am, but they are a little sweeter.

We used to go to biscuitville back in the day when we were young and poor and this older lady who worked there took a liking to our hippie **** right and she would give us a big bag of food...."well we are just going to throw it away anyhow...right near closing time..might as well give it away" We were very much appreciative. Hardee's has really good burgers.
  • jcbcpajcbcpa Posts: 1,417 Officer
    I understand all of that and maybe you guys are right, it's as simple as they are the best. But I imagine a good chunk of fast food consumers could care less about any of that stuff? Maybe Chic Fil A just gets ALL of the good consumers?

To me its just weird because their popularity seems very disproportionate to the rest of the options, even if they are the best fast food place around. Maybe I am just not buying the kool aid yet, because whenever I am getting fast food or take out it isn't the first place that pops into my head. And we get take out enough. The Lake Mary one has the tents for the drive through and extra staff with a line wrapped around the building too.

I wonder if it isn't more the Apple effect. You know, pseudo cultish where people hold it in high regard if for no other reason than everyone else does.

This is not an indictment of any of you people or Chick Fil A'ers, I am just thinking out loud. Like I said I like the food too.

As a rule, I don't eat fast food (drive thru's) but if I do I will always try to find a Chick Fil A. Not because of their food but because of their employees and their restaurants. Although I do like their chicken sandwich and the superfood salad.
    They have fast service and good service. The order takers speak plainly with good english, not some mumbled mess that I can't understand. The restaurants are clean and the employees are neatly dressed.
    The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything.
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    We often stop at Chic on the way to Hobby Lobby (who aren't open Sundays either). Always have a suspicion so many of these OFF TOPIC posts are really trying a back door sneaky slide into Politics.

Yes? (This isn't one of those sneaky post though)
    My wife hates McDonalds. I mean if I didn't run in there from time to time she would not eat there her entire life. But when we do go, she gets a crispy chicken sandwich and she likes it every time. But if i even breath the words chic fil a on an outing she's ready to go. I have no idea why. I do think it's some kind of image thing with women. McDonalds=Gross. Chic fil A=the classy fast food place.

makes zero sense to me. But women make no sense to me. They have definitely fostered an image of cleanliness and consistency at all their stores. those two things sell big time with moms.

Ok, that deeper dive helps speak more specifically to the popularity.

At my age every few months I'll get McDonalds. I think it's the opposite, I feel like I am being naughty because my wife won't touch McDonald's, unless in desperation when she will have nuggets. Oh the thrill!

Captain Todd Approves

• 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 567 Officer
    Agreed , you can have fast food or good food, but you can't have good fast food, quality takes time

You have never been to a In and out then.....Simplistic menu and simplistic Awesome burger....The 4x4 is just ridiculous good.
    They have the same cult following....The line wrapped around the building!
    Jason :USA
    Yes? (This isn't one of those sneaky post though)

Ok, that deeper dive helps speak more specifically to the popularity.

At my age every few months I'll get McDonalds. I think it's the opposite, I feel like I am being naughty because my wife won't touch McDonald's, unless in desperation when she will have nuggets. Oh the thrill!

Well she'll say something like "eew, McDonalds, they're so greasy".

Uh, hon, you just ordered a fried chicken sandwich with waffle fries....fried...How is that not greasy?
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 21,990 AG
    Never eaten the stuff...gross trash...but then, it is fast food, even if it is godly gross trash...100 chemicals in the chicken sandwich, straight from the devils own hell...

I’ve already talked about some of the ingredients found in a Chick-fil-A sandwich – food coloring, refined grains, MSG, GMO Corn in past posts. I want to talk about some of the other preservatives here today. I honestly can’t believe that there are 18 (if I counted right and didn’t miss one) added chemical preservatives to this sandwich. The FDA allows food companies to add these preservatives in limited quantities, however, they do not prohibit companies from adding different preservatives all together by letting them combine different food items that make one big whopping dose. For example, let’s take TBHQ which stands for “Tertiary Butylhydroquinone” – an ingredient that is listed twice, once in the chicken and once in the bun. TBHQ is a chemical made from butane (a very toxic gas) and can only be used at a rate of 0.02 percent of the total oil in a product. Why is there a limit to this? Maybe because eating only 1 gram of this toxic preservative has been shown to cause all sorts of issues, from ADHD in children, to asthma, allergies and dermatitis to dizziness and even has caused stomach cancer in laboratory animals. Limiting TBHQ to a certain percentage, is the same logic the FDA made when allowing a product to still contain 0.5 grams of transfat and be labeled “transfat free.” If you are consuming processed foods, eating at fast food restaurants or chains that use processed foods you are consuming an overload of preservatives and other chemicals. The high dosage is a huge factor contributing to increased auto immune disorders, rising health care and cancer in America. I don’t eat out very often, it’s been about 11 days since I ate out. The reason for this is because when you make your own food, you see what goes in it, making me enjoy it ten times more. I want to feel the best I possibly can in life, with abundant energy and radiating vibrancy. I don’t want to feel sick, always with some aliment or some health issue to complain about. God forbid, if I ever got sick, I want to know I did everything I could to prevent it. When I grow old, I don’t want to burden my family to take care of me because I didn’t care of myself. I didn’t write this post because I was angry or mad at the people that celebrated eating Chick-fil-A after seeing how many ingredients there are. It’s the opposite. It saddens me that people choose to continue to harm themselves and their families by ingesting these chemicals after acquiring this knowledge. IMO, they are walking around half dead. I am, however, hopeful that my blog and leading by example, will turn the lights on in someone new and they won’t ever look at a Chick-Fil-A sandwich ever again.
    https://foodbabe.com/2011/07/09/chick-fil-a-or-chemical-fil-a/

Chick-Fil-A-Sandwich.png
    133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg
  • LuckyMrSwLuckyMrSw Posts: 3,208 Captain

Well an Administrator/Moderator started the thread. Maybe take it up with him? :grin
    Please stop derailing my thread.
    `Forum Moderator`

Don't call each other names
    `Same Forum Moderator`

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file