WTB house with at least 10 acres within 30min of Gainesville trailers OK

I just got a job in Gainesville, so my wife ad I will be moving to that area. We are looking for at leas 2 bed 2 bath house or great condition trailer on at least 10 acres where horses and livestock are allowed. We'd like to be within 30 min of Gainesville, but will live a little further for the right property. Our budget is $250,000.

Replies

• APEAPE Posts: 972 Officer
    Here is my friends contact information and she can point you in the right direction, I would also suggest not buying anything in Alachua County because the taxes are stupid high. A 30 minute ride puts you in Columbia, Gilchrist and Levy counties depending on what side of Gainesville you will be driving to.

Shannon Bass 352-339-1489 she is Realtor
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 21,637 AG
    APE wrote: »
    Here is my friends contact information and she can point you in the right direction, I would also suggest not buying anything in Alachua County because the taxes are stupid high. A 30 minute ride puts you in Columbia, Gilchrist and Levy counties depending on what side of Gainesville you will be driving to.

Shannon Bass 352-339-1489 she is Realtor

If you rather sit in your car a couple hours each day in traffic 30 minutes from "home". And drive narrow two lane roads with yahoos who pass on double yellows...And anytime you want to do anything that does not involve dolts, you have to come to Gainesville anyway.:wink

The driving depends on when you have to be at work. The problem is a bunch of folks avoid the taxes, only to crap up the roads royally and pay a bunch in fuel expenses and angst. Definitely try the drive before you buy. If your hours are flexible and you can avoid the 9am 5pm hours you may be ok.

On $225,000 Home
    Your estimated yearly property tax in Alachua County is $2,362.50.
    Your estimated yearly property tax in Levy County is $1,485.00.
    Your estimated yearly property tax in Gilchrist County is $1,732.50.
    Your estimated yearly property tax in Columbia County is $1,912.50.
    http://www.tax-rates.org/florida/alachua_county_property_tax
    133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file