Duck hunters arrested

13»

Replies

• 139sst139sst Posts: 240 Deckhand
    Huntnfeesh wrote: »
    Something I totally agree with Joe on, I'll trade a peaceful 3 bird apiece shoot between a couple buddies to a hectic all night affair in line to try and shoot 6 each.

3 birds a piece would be great. would you be ok without firing your gun? that is what will probably happen if you hunt the kissimmee chain.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 18,500 AG
    Huntnfeesh wrote: »
    Something I totally agree with Joe on, I'll trade a peaceful 3 bird apiece shoot between a couple buddies to a hectic all night affair in line to try and shoot 6 each.

I have gone on countless hunts where I shot 1 mottled duck...KNOWING I would only do just that. It is a * win * to me...because it was what I started out to do...and I made it happen.

Yesterday, My son and my friend...and I did just that...3 guys walking down a levy carrying our 1 mottled duck each and it was a glorious hunt...nobody within miles.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • Rich MRich M Posts: 917 Officer
    It does depend on what someone expects and how they measure success.

Where I came from, we would hunt all day for 1 shot opportunity - some days it was a lone black duck, others it was a flock of geese - but we willingly went knowing we had strong odds for only having one shot opportunity - might come at sunup or sundown or any time in between. We had a lot of days like what Joe is saying - except it was black ducks instead of mottleds.

Duck hunting is a lot better down here. Especially if you scout and don't limit yourself to the same spot every time.
  • HuntnfeeshHuntnfeesh Posts: 240 Deckhand
    Plenty of places you'll get some shooting if you do your homework. Even on the Kissimmee chain. Expect to scout a day for every day you shoot and you'll do ok
  • TGunnTGunn Posts: 1,810 Captain
    Bump.
  • H20dadH20dad Posts: 739 Officer

Bump. Anybody got any updates?

13»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file