BBI 12/28 rough and bonita

Cleared inlet at 7:30 and fished till 12. Mostly north of inlet between 65' and 600'. Early showers offshore and short period 2-4 made it wet and rough heading north. Calmed down and period extended significantly by 11.

Blue water, 2-3mph current. Lots of boats drifting and kites up, they were south of inlet when I returned and no idea how they were doing.

I started targeting wahoo with yozurri bonita and large jet heads in the clouds and nothing. Moved on to kings with slow troll of diving plugs plus a few large jets on outriggers and nothing. In wind and waves could only fish 4 lines solo.

As is calmed a little I put out a bird and small jet shotgun and picked up the single bonita on that 200' depth off LW pier. Switched to all surface lures so I could troll faster back against current and nothing on way back south diagonal from 600' off WPB to SW to BBI.

Lots of birds heading south, many working but not finding food. Some fliers around 500 and some weed lines in close but never really got hot today.
Jupiter 29FS

• Dream RealityDream Reality Posts: 889 Officer
    Thanks for the report. Seas are nasty in the forecast.
  • GRSCGRSC Posts: 924 Officer
    I know the charter fleet was struggling today
  • bluechipbluechip Posts: 166 Deckhand
    After a skunking yesterday I almost went again today (can't happen twice, right?), but decided to stay on land. After seeing your report.. I'm thinking it was the right decision.
  • CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Posts: 60 Greenhorn
    You and the birds working but not finding food - good try though :thumbsup

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell

• timmcollinstimmcollins Posts: 794 Officer
    With the luck and the weather lately, we decided to take the little CC up north. Fished the back bays around Ft Peirce only came up with a trash can slam.
    Getting rid of a Calcutta hat ( have not caught a fish since I git it) and moving to Hutchinson Island Island on Saturday.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in one hand, Cheeseburger in the other, body well used and worn out and screaming WOO-HOO What a Ride!"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file